Finished this guy up yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spindlecraft

spindlecraft

Kindly ignore the dirty threads. I still need to wipe it down. But this was a pen that I started and finished yesterday afternoon.

This one marks my second completed kitless pen, and while still not perfect, proved to be yet another learning experience.

I accidentally snapped the threads of the section on my first go, and miraculously was able to save it, by turning another tenon, threading it, and keeping all of the inner drillings in-tact.

Another win with this one is getting the diameter of the cap & body of the pen the same (despite the patterns not matching up).

So - all-in-all, while I still have a long way to go, the process is getting easier for me now, and I am learning little nuances with each new attempt.
92066CE5-41BA-4064-885E-68DDCF374962.JPG
B5A0E2B1-52EB-4C5A-8A62-82D2A83342B3.JPG
E026A159-1769-4407-A800-46EA39F16D34.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

Kindly ignore the dirty threads. I still need to wipe it down. But this was a pen that I started and finished yesterday afternoon.

This one marks my second completed kitless pen, and while still not perfect, proved to be yet another learning experience.

I accidentally snapped the threads of the section on my first go, and miraculously was able to save it, by turning another tenon, threading it, and keeping all of the inner drillings in-tact.

Another win with this one is getting the diameter of the cap & body of the pen the same (despite the patterns not matching up).

So - all-in-all, while I still have a long way to go, the process is getting easier for me now, and I am learning little nuances with each new attempt.
View attachment 247691View attachment 247692View attachment 247693
Very nicely done!

Good save on the section! Matching the cap to body is trickier than it sounds since most people machine the threads into the body. The part that would match with the cap ends up inside the cap....

Good save on the section! Matching the cap to body is trickier than it sounds since most people machine the threads into the body. The part that would match with the cap ends up inside the cap....
I
Good save on the section! Matching the cap to body is trickier than it sounds since most people machine the threads into the body. The part that would match with the cap ends up inside the cap...
I know this is an old thread, but how do you match the cap to the body, is there a specific process that you use?

View attachment 247691View attachment 247692View attachment 247693
I know this is an old thread, but how do you match the cap to the body, is there a specific process that you use?

Top Bottom