Welp - here she is. My FIRST completed kitless pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spindlecraft

spindlecraft

After approximately 15 failed attempts, and a lot of help from you fine folks, I finally was able to finish my first kitless pen this afternoon.

Feedback and critiques are of course welcome. I am gonna churn a few more out I think before I start venturing into clips and accent rings. All-in-all though, I'm very happy with this first one.
A315B510-D6F4-4EA2-83F6-53E35B6FD094.jpeg

Attachments

• 1CAF0666-A4C0-463D-95BA-492801E3314B.jpeg
    1CAF0666-A4C0-463D-95BA-492801E3314B.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Congratulations !!

That is a very nice looking pen !!!

What material is it ? . Alumilite ? . Acrylic acetate ?

Larryreitz

For whaterve reason I've never been a fan of kitless, but, that one is coming close to changing my mind. You chose one very nice blank and did it justice.

Pierre---

This first attempt is just great, I wish my first were as good!
But maybe you wish some thoughts you could consider - or not - for the second one. About the design I would say that the cap is straight and the barrel is tapered, which looks curious; and the step cap-to-barrel could be a tiny bit high. About function, I think you should try to lessen the number of turns you need to uncap, two is considered a maximum.
But this is a brillant first kitless with an attractive material, go on and make more!

spindlecraft

This first attempt is just great, I wish my first were as good!
But maybe you wish some thoughts you could consider - or not - for the second one. About the design I would say that the cap is straight and the barrel is tapered, which looks curious; and the step cap-to-barrel could be a tiny bit high. About function, I think you should try to lessen the number of turns you need to uncap, two is considered a maximum.
But this is a brillant first kitless with an attractive material, go on and make more!
Pierre - thanks so much for this fantastic feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to critique the work, and making valid points on how to improve. I will absolutely try these tips out in my next attempts.

Everybody who has commented - thank you all for the kind words. It certainly would not have been even close to this without the help of the awesome people on this forum.

Top Bottom