Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
so now how much room is this 'cave' giving you? Sq Footage? I will be very interested in seeing how everything fits and where you are putting all the little "extras". I am guessing that getting the benchs in place is the first order of business.

Better hurry, you could be getting a little rain soon.
Wayne, it's 120 sq ft BUT...figure cubic ft with the 8 ft walls. I could get a bunch stacked on a corner shelf. Just thinking. Yes, thunderstorms today. Like being back in Florida:biggrin:

stonepecker

I am scared to suggest this but here goes.

Can you sort things as to what needs to go in first and then the rest in an order that makes sense to just get it in the shed. I am think mostly heavy things. The things you might want a younger person to carry or even two young guys to handle.

If so, then, can you afford some $5 dollar pizza and soda? Go to the high school and request maybe the defensive line and line backers to come over for a moving/pizza party......you know they can use a workout and love pizza. And you know the younger guys can be paid with food

I am just trying to help out Chuck. Maybe even get you back to turning before the month ends?

:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am scared to suggest this but here goes.

Can you sort things as to what needs to go in first and then the rest in an order that makes sense to just get it in the shed. I am think mostly heavy things. The things you might want a younger person to carry or even two young guys to handle.

If so, then, can you afford some $5 dollar pizza and soda? Go to the high school and request maybe the defensive line and line backers to come over for a moving/pizza party......you know they can use a workout and love pizza. And you know the younger guys can be paid with food

I am just trying to help out Chuck. Maybe even get you back to turning before the month ends?

:biggrin:
Great minds think alike!:biggrin: Our grandson and his lineman buddy are coming to help with the heavy stuff. I'm putting the loose stuff in some tubs myself. So, nothing gets mishandled. This starts tomorrow. Great idea...the pizza & beer...I mean sodas :biggrin:

What's all this packing talk? Grab your wheelbarrow and start humping! :biggrin:
:laugh: Thanks Pete! I would have to borrow a wheelbarrow...since I don't own one and, never will :biggrin:

stonepecker

Have you ever seen how much pizza a teenager can eat?:eek:

I said I was SCARED to suggest this. Having a Teenager here at home and his buddies keep the fridge cleaned out. No leftovers here.
On weekends ..... 2 gallons of milk per day. I have cried at times when I have walked out with groceries. We stock up when we can but somethings just don't keep.
The wife is "Canning" as we speak. Tomatos are a staple here. Chile, sauses, hotdishes, soups, stews, etc. Mushrooms are another thing. Can lettus and spinach be frozen at home? Our garden is the only life saver we have in the summer.

We talk of the old days. My wife and I call them "BC" Days. (Before Children) :doctor: Congrates sir.......you are the proud father of a 9 pound eating machine.:eek:

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looking good Chuck. And it was a million degrees today with 2 million percent humidity. The weekend looks even worse. But I can't complain, its been a very mild summer for us!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Have you ever seen how much pizza a teenager can eat?:eek:

I said I was SCARED to suggest this. Having a Teenager here at home and his buddies keep the fridge cleaned out. No leftovers here.
On weekends ..... 2 gallons of milk per day. I have cried at times when I have walked out with groceries. We stock up when we can but somethings just don't keep.
The wife is "Canning" as we speak. Tomatos are a staple here. Chile, sauses, hotdishes, soups, stews, etc. Mushrooms are another thing. Can lettus and spinach be frozen at home? Our garden is the only life saver we have in the summer.

We talk of the old days. My wife and I call them "BC" Days. (Before Children) :doctor: Congrates sir.......you are the proud father of a 9 pound eating machine.:eek:
I know what you mean. I cringe when I hear, my stepson is coming to stay for a couple of days. THAT, is a food vacuum. :confused:

Looking good Chuck. And it was a million degrees today with 2 million percent humidity. The weekend looks even worse. But I can't complain, its been a very mild summer for us!!
Hey Ernie! Thanks, it's always good to hear from you. You're right, it's been a great summer. It's only right to have a few sweltering hot days. I was blessed with mostly good weather for this project.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Chuck, I have some vacation coming up. The week following the 3 hour. I'll be in Indy the weekend after Labor day for the race. I'll hit you up so we can do lunch on Sunday! I'll also be up there for US Nationals, but wont have any spare time.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I have some vacation coming up. The week following the 3 hour. I'll be in Indy the weekend after Labor day for the race. I'll hit you up so we can do lunch on Sunday! I'll also be up there for US Nationals, but wont have any spare time.
If you don't make it this time I'll be very disappointed but, will still understand. Been a long time. Enjoy the racing.

Hope I'm all set up when you get here. Thanks!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Moving in

Got some things moved in yesterday. Most important things first. :biggrin: Hopefully, the other bench & tools today or, tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1571 (2).jpg
    IMG_1571 (2).jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

wizard

Chuck,
Weekly photo due tomorrow! All the stuff should be in the cave..er...shop...right?? LOL. Kidding aside...It looks great !!
Regards, Doc:)

Edit: Didn't get chance to finish my post and you posted pic lol

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck,
Weekly photo due tomorrow! All the stuff should be in the cave..er...shop...right?? LOL. Kidding aside...It looks great !!
Regards, Doc:)

Edit: Didn't get chance to finish my post and you posted pic lol
It depends on my grandson Doc. I can get SOME things myself but, that bench is a bit much for me. I'll give him a call in awhile. Thanks Doc!:)

stonepecker

Getting closer to completion. Floor and, baseboard is in. Trim around the door is up. The first photo is the Lounge Area :biggrin: The outside temperature was 79 F so, I closed the doors and, window and gave the A/C a test. Within 3 minutes it was cool. And by 6minutes really nice.

Chuck,
I had to go back to this posting. I am assuming that the tile is 12"x12". When I count accross there only seem to be 9 squares, so you square footage might be a little off.:biggrin:

Looks like the grandson did an alright job yesterday. Hopefully, he doesn't make Grandpa and the rest of us wait to long. We need to see some shavin's on the floor.

:laugh:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Getting closer to completion. Floor and, baseboard is in. Trim around the door is up. The first photo is the Lounge Area :biggrin: The outside temperature was 79 F so, I closed the doors and, window and gave the A/C a test. Within 3 minutes it was cool. And by 6minutes really nice.

Chuck,
I had to go back to this posting. I am assuming that the tile is 12"x12". When I count accross there only seem to be 9 squares, so you square footage might be a little off.:biggrin:

Looks like the grandson did an alright job yesterday. Hopefully, he doesn't make Grandpa and the rest of us wait to long. We need to see some shavin's on the floor.

:laugh:
Yes, it's like 9'4" wide on the inside. Outside dimensions are 10'x12' still...it's too small. :redface: We did ok yesterday. Got all the junk off the long bench today. Grandson hopes to come buy after work today. Thanks Wayne!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
More moving in.

I'm going to need another bench for the buffer and, the fridge. But things are happening now! :wink::biggrin:

I squeezed the old compressor under the metal lathe. Believe it or not this thing works great.

Attachments

• IMG_1575 (2).jpg
    IMG_1575 (2).jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1573 (2).jpg
    IMG_1573 (2).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1572 (2).jpg
    IMG_1572 (2).jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 180

stonepecker

Looking great Chuck. Thankfully, you are not running both lathes at once. Compressors really need to be abused to have problems. General care will make any of them last a lifetime. Once you have things in place.....it will be interesting to see how you have them laidout. I am assuming that you have a working order for your tools.
The more I see......the better I like it.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looking great Chuck. Thankfully, you are not running both lathes at once. Compressors really need to be abused to have problems. General care will make any of them last a lifetime. Once you have things in place.....it will be interesting to see how you have them laidout. I am assuming that you have a working order for your tools.
The more I see......the better I like it.
Thanks Wayne. Yes, it's good I CAN'T run two things at the same time. I would hurt myself. The tools are laid as I've been accustomed to using them. No particular order but, they're on an 8' bench. The metal lathe has a dedicated bench of it's own. I like it that way. Wait until tomorrows photos :rolleyes::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
So my buddy, ole chum.......now that you've got all the creature comforts in there....will you remember how to actually make a pen from all those ornaments ( oops... sorry, I mean tools ) that you are moving in? :laugh:

I reckon you will actually cry the first time you get a drop or two of CA or drop a sharp tool on that pretty floor....:rolleyes:

LOL, just kidding you Chuck!! It's starting to look great!!:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
How much stuff do you need?

Now is the time to sort out some stuff. How much do I need to make pens? Some of this extra gear is for anodizing which, I might use again someday. :rolleyes:

In one photo you can see a small Dremmel lathe my cousin brought to me. There is another, even smaller, and a drill press that you attach your hand drill to. Gonna be busy making a lot of decisions this week.:redface:

Notice how I've made good use of space by stacking the chop saw on top of the table saw while not in use? :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1577 (2).jpg
    IMG_1577 (2).jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1576 (2).jpg
    IMG_1576 (2).jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1579 (2).jpg
    IMG_1579 (2).jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1578 (2).jpg
    IMG_1578 (2).jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 166

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So my buddy, ole chum.......now that you've got all the creature comforts in there....will you remember how to actually make a pen from all those ornaments ( oops... sorry, I mean tools ) that you are moving in? :laugh:

I reckon you will actually cry the first time you get a drop or two of CA or drop a sharp tool on that pretty floor....:rolleyes:

LOL, just kidding you Chuck!! It's starting to look great!!:biggrin:
:laugh: I figure, once a friend, always a friend....right? So, I can count on my friends to help out again :biggrin: when I discover, I've forgotten how to make a pen after all? :redface: I WILL be upset if, I damage this floor. SO, I getting more anti-fatigue mats :wink::biggrin:

Thank you Steven! It's gratifying to know I've reached your approval after all :laugh:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
[/quote] :redface: I WILL be upset if, I damage this floor. SO, I getting more anti-fatigue mats :wink::biggrin:

[/quote]

Bugger the mats......get some shagpile in there !!!:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
:redface: I WILL be upset if, I damage this floor. SO, I getting more anti-fatigue mats :wink::biggrin:

[/quote]

Bugger the mats......get some shagpile in there !!!:biggrin:[/quote]
Ohh! That wouldn't be good :biggrin:

stonepecker

Well, the floor isn't clean any more. I would put TWO garbage cans outside the door. I would then start sorting, cleaning, and pitching the garbage. Decide what you want to do in the "cave" and get the rest of the stuff out of there.
DAMHIK.......to many hobbies in one place makes for a mess.

You can always bring things in.......it is damn hard to get them out.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Who would've thunked that a thread on the interweb about some guy's new shed would end up being more entertaining and popular than Breaking Bad....or am I thinking Broke Back?????:rolleyes:

You watch your back when carrying stuff in there Chuckster....:tongue:

You do realise that we are going to get more and more merciless until you make some shavings in there, don't you????:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Who would've thunked that a thread on the interweb about some guy's new shed would end up being more entertaining and popular than Breaking Bad....or am I thinking Broke Back?????:rolleyes:

You watch your back when carrying stuff in there Chuckster....:tongue:

You do realise that we are going to get more and more merciless until you make some shavings in there, don't you????:biggrin:
:laugh: It's probably a good thing for me, that I didn't see Either of those shows. :biggrin: I'm pretty sure there are only a few of my friends that, really give a rats behind(nothing personal) about this shed. :rolleyes: But, are a bit curious. Thanks for the roughage Steve! :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK Chuck........it has been 48+ hours.......what did you get done?
Got a call to go back to work :redface: delivering parts for a Chevy dealer. It's part time but gone for most of the day. Work again tomorrow then, off for three days. Sorry for yet another delay. Thanks Wayne!

Top Bottom