Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

butchf18a

Development of a new Studio :rolleyes::biggrin: I think I like "Shed" better. If, it would just stop raining. Looks like Monday, we can get back on it. My brother has been helping. Future son-in-law was a no show but, didn't expect him anyway. I hope it's level. :redface::biggrin:

You hope its level? Why don't you build it level, square and plumb? If you hope its level....it ain't!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Development of a new Studio :rolleyes::biggrin: I think I like "Shed" better. If, it would just stop raining. Looks like Monday, we can get back on it. My brother has been helping. Future son-in-law was a no show but, didn't expect him anyway. I hope it's level. :redface::biggrin:

You hope its level? Why don't you build it level, square and plumb? If you hope its level....it ain't!!
We did all of that Butch. I'm not concerned about it now. I made that post after waiting on my SIL to bring a laser. We did it manually with a string and, torpedo level. Everything is perpendicular to the earth :biggrin: Thanks for your input :biggrin:

Hey this looks like the new in place to hang out here in Chucks shop. Where is the checker board.. Is it actually finished? Have you made any pens?

OK I went back through the thread and see you are in fact turning again. Happy to see it and I think I may just sit down and stay awhile. It's cold and snowy here and your shop looks nice and warm.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK I went back through the thread and see you are in fact turning again. Happy to see it and I think I may just sit down and stay awhile. It's cold and snowy here and your shop looks nice and warm.
Thanks Mike! It IS in fact nice and warm in there. No place to put a checkerboard except the floor. :rolleyes: Come visit anytime, it's warm here (today & tomorrow):biggrin:

No, it isn't done yet. Still need to sort & store stuff, build another bench, steps outside etc. Thanks for the comments.

stonepecker

Hey Chuck, Just because I would like you to use everything in your 'cave'........ Wishing I could send you some snow just to find out if the heater is working.:present:

I have my "white christmas" here already. They are talking more next week and I am trying to push it towards you.:eek:

Keep smiling:biggrin::bananen_smilies035:
White Christmas' are always nice. Warming up to 50 degrees tomorrow. Keep your snow pal!:biggrin:

The local weatherman is talking a heat wave here this weekend. Might even get over 36 degrees. :bananen_smilies027: Hell, I could be running around in a t-shirt.:biggrin:

(Have I said I am sick of the snow lately?):island: I am dreaming of warmer places.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wayne, I'm with you on warmer places. :redface: I talked to my former neighbor in North Port last night. He had to say it :rolleyes: 71 degrees yesterday.

Hope your photo manager is feeling better. :wink:

stonepecker

Christmas eve and Christmas Day......woke up above freezing.
Today........in the 20's
Middle of next week..........single minbers for highs

I am going to lock myself in my shop.............I know it is warm in there.
I wonder what the 'master' is working on?
Keep smiling

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Christmas eve and Christmas Day......woke up above freezing.
Today........in the 20's
Middle of next week..........single minbers for highs

I am going to lock myself in my shop.............I know it is warm in there.
I wonder what the 'master' is working on?
Keep smiling
I haven't seen the master for awhile either :biggrin: Must have gotten lazy or something :biggrin: OR.....he could be working on a special project. :rolleyes:

stonepecker

Just this mornning ....woke to -7 / wc -27 :eek::tongue:

Going to lock myself in the shop today and watch football as I cut some wood. :clown:
Crock pot going with what will be pulled pork.
Beans and chips will round out the meal.

Life is good.....Keep smiling.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Same temps here tomorrow. I COULD be doing what you're doing. But NOOOO! I decided to go back to work. :rolleyes: I shoulda stayed in Florida :mad:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dont jump to soon Chuck, temperatures will be dropping Starting Wednesday Evening. We are expecting a low of 49 degrees. I understand they will cancel school and most goverment functions until it hits 70 again. They are warning all old people to stay indoors and to keep warm!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Dont jump to soon Chuck, temperatures will be dropping Starting Wednesday Evening. We are expecting a low of 49 degrees. I understand they will cancel school and most goverment functions until it hits 70 again. They are warning all old people to stay indoors and to keep warm!
Mike! I can't wait to see 49 degrees again :redface: Stay inside is exactly what I WANT to do. :biggrin: I'm ready to retire again :biggrin: So....I guess you're staying inside with your long sleeved T-shirt on :biggrin::tongue:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I had to work outside in it for a little bit today. -18 with the wind chill. It's to cold for us younger guys as well. I'd take 49 anyday :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Well it was 48 degrees out this morning when I got up. I almost broke out the long sleeve T shirt but it will be in the mid 60s around noon. I will just huddle in the house and burn a candle for heat. They were saying last night if things got to bad to burn your flip flops for heat out on the lanai if you run out of scented candles.

Last edited:

bluwolf

Well it was 48 degrees out this morning when I got up. I almost broke out the long sleeve T shirt but it will be in the mid 60s around noon. I will just huddle in the house and burn a candle for heat. They were saying last night if things got to bad to burn your flip flops for heat out on the lanai if you run out of scented candles.

Amazing the difference 4 hours north of you makes. Outside the cabin it was 33 degrees with a wind chill of 26. Tonight/tomorrow morning is supposed to be a bit cooler than that. It's fine when you're just hanging around the cabin on vacation. But I'll be happy to get back to Fort Myers on the weekend.

Mike

stonepecker

Yesterday the windchill was in the neg 30-40 degrees.
Today, we should get to 10 above but the windchill will still be way below zero.

It is snowing here right this minute. Have I told you lately, I have enough snow?

Going to stay home today and play.

stonepecker

Hey Chuck.......How about a new picture or two?
You know, Showing how this have progressed. The shop looking dirty and used but the boxes all cleaned out and things where they belong.
Show us the way you placed things and maybe give someof us some ideas to try something different.

looking for a reason to smile.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Chuck.......How about a new picture or two?
You know, Showing how this have progressed. The shop looking dirty and used but the boxes all cleaned out and things where they belong.
Show us the way you placed things and maybe give someof us some ideas to try something different.

looking for a reason to smile.
Here you go Wayne! If you're looking for a reason to smile.....these should make you LYAO :biggrin: Making real progress Pal! :wink: :tongue:

Attachments

• IMG_1622 (2).jpg
    IMG_1622 (2).jpg
    319 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1621 (2).jpg
    IMG_1621 (2).jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1620 (2).jpg
    IMG_1620 (2).jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1619 (2).jpg
    IMG_1619 (2).jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 204

stonepecker

Looking a hell of a lot better then mine is. :eek:

At least your "Queen of the doublewide" can say it is all in one place.
Mine is starting to complain now that the holidays are over and my collection is growing again. :rolleyes: Ebay can be a wonderful thing......but not to my wife's eyes.

"Hey honey, You took me for better or for worse!" :biggrin:

stonepecker

Just to make you feel better.

Listen to the new and weather this morning.

Feeling bad about how the east coast is getting all the snow when there are places in Northern Minnesota that would really welcome 2-4 feet of snow in 24 hours.:eek:

However, Just wanted to share with everone how it is here today.
This is back in the beginning of December.
View attachment 128327

And Today, Jan 26, this is my front yard. Temp right now, +39

View attachment 128328

Everyone, have a great week.:biggrin:

Last edited:

stonepecker

So what is the great big secret going on in "Chuck's Cave"? Are we going to have some real compition in the pen contests or is the a super secret 'ugly pen' under construction? Why haven't we heard from Chuck lately?
Could it be that "the cave" got snowed in?

Is there anyone close by that could swing past and check up on this fellow wood nut?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So what is the great big secret going on in "Chuck's Cave"? Are we going to have some real compition in the pen contests or is the a super secret 'ugly pen' under construction? Why haven't we heard from Chuck lately?
Could it be that "the cave" got snowed in?

Is there anyone close by that could swing past and check up on this fellow wood nut?
Cave's NOT snowed in. I have been busy :biggrin: working on the secret project(s) which will be featured in a new thread soon. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1635 (2).jpg
    IMG_1635 (2).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 204

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Pete. Someone sent me a bottle stopper blank made from different colors of resin over flows from casting. The top was clear with aluminum foil shreds. I thought it would be appropriate for the job. I didn't have any larger aluminum on hand. You can't see the flutes in this terrible photo but, there are 12 of them on the knob. I'll try to get a better shot in the other thread when I post it.

stonepecker

OK.......here it is the end of the month and Chuck is avoiding this posting.

I want to know what he is doing in that cave of his. He is just so secretive. I will say that he has a heart big as all outdoors. He is supportive of his friends. And when you do have a question.......he will help you find the answer.

So now I am reaching out to him through this posting. I have 30 days left to tease him and get him to show us the new and improved cave. You know, the one that is all shiney and clean? The one he uses to find peacefull time. That "CAVE" we are all so jealous of him having. We all need an escape at times. We have been lucky that he has shared this with us.

So tell us Chuck.....what is happening now?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have been waiting for some tools I ordered. Also, my brother will be back from AZ winter break, next week. Then we'll build another bench, hang another cabinet and, get some organizing done.

Some experimenting with my new project today.(maybe):biggrin: AFTER I plow the driveway

Last edited:

stonepecker

15 days and counting

:musical-note: "Oh where, oh where has my little friend gone? Oh where?, Oh where can he be?"

Looks like he is hiding again. I know he has gotten older and slower :yawn::sleepy: :turtle: since the last time he posted but he really should be showing us all he is doing so we don't have a surprise and end up with heart attacks. :coffee:

We had some really nice weather this weekend in Minnesota and I am sure that Chuck found a little sunshine in his back yard. I believe the snow is gone so we can not track him that way. Time to call in the hounds with the noses. :dog:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK....call the dogs off.:rolleyes: I was going to get some 2x4's Saturday morning but, it was still misting rain. So I.......watched the xfinity race. :biggrin: Sunday, I.....watched the Sprint race.:biggrin: Yesterday, it got up to 74 F and, after work I......spent a few hours assessing the lawn work that lies ahead of me.:frown: And, forgot about the 2x4's :redface: Today, the insurance broker was here trying to fix issues with the Affordable Care Act. We won't go into that:wink:

So, the 2x4's are for the additional bench in the shed for the power tools and, more storage space. I think I should sell some stuff.:redface: Once the bench is built, I can start organizing and, have some room for a recliner, TV, Computer, Frig and, table for pen assembly. :biggrin:

So, sit back and, relax pals! It's coming along :biggrin:

stonepecker

I think we are going to have to call his wife to get some new pictures of the 'cave'. :confused: Maybe she will even get an action shot. :snail: Of course, that might just be his elbow bending as he lifts his beer.:biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

stonepecker

Alright Chuck.........it has been 3 months since anything new has been posted to this thread.

So now I am asking in the nicest way for you to post soome new pictures. The 'secrets of the cave' will not be violated, but those of us that have an interest. need to see just what you have been up to.

Top Bottom