Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Future son-in-law was a no show but,

Ooo, strike one.

Shed is good. Studio is too pretentious

I'm not so sure ... if you make a pen in your basement-shop, you can sell it for $20; in your garage-shop, then $25; in your shed-shop, then $30. Change the name to the generic 'shop', and you can get $35. But wait, there's more ... call it your studio and you can charge $50. Best of all, if you call it your gallery, then charge $90.

Also, my father told me to always think big ... don't let the name limit you.

So, I suggest that we are looking at the construction of ...

"Galactic Headquarters for Dale's Woodworking Gallery"

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Future son-in-law was a no show but,

Ooo, strike one.

Shed is good. Studio is too pretentious

I'm not so sure ... if you make a pen in your basement-shop, you can sell it for $20; in your garage-shop, then $25; in your shed-shop, then $30. Change the name to the generic 'shop', and you can get $35. But wait, there's more ... call it your studio and you can charge $50. Best of all, if you call it your gallery, then charge $90.

Also, my father told me to always think big ... don't let the name limit you.

So, I suggest that we are looking at the construction of ...

"Galactic Headquarters for Dale's Woodworking Gallery"
Hey! I like the sound of this. Especially the GALACTIC part since I am often in outer space :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
1 buy better Donuts and more of them.
2 Offer a FREE DVD (Wink wink nudge nudge) with every pen you buy!

Tell the customers the DVDs are from EXXXotic Blanks..........

stonepecker

You guys are gonna get me in trouble.:confused:

Tooooooooo Late, you are already in trouble Chuck.

Just hope that Dawn doesn't think Ed is making any new kinds of videos. :eek: Of course, that could be the new 'freebie' that they are thinking of giving away.:biggrin:

And of course, there can always be guest stars in the future.:cool:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As the thread title says, "Hey it's a start" here are the first pens in the new shed :rolleyes: Thanks for all the support from all of you!

Attachments

• IMG_1588 (3).jpg
    IMG_1588 (3).jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 207

stonepecker

OK........15 days without a posting is long enough.
Time to show us how you placed everything and cleaned up the mess Chuck.

Just jerking the chain buddy.

NAgrandpa

I have two suggestions; Make room for a fridge, saves trips inside, and a cot for naps, you will probably spend a lot of time there and it will double as a dog house, you will need the cot then. LOL

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK........15 days without a posting is long enough.
Time to show us how you placed everything and cleaned up the mess Chuck.

Just jerking the chain buddy.
Wayne...I thought this thread was dead. I have been working on a paying job. Had a request to turn some blanks for a guy who has some Bolt Action kits. He will assemble them his self. Onward to other turnings after work today.:biggrin:

I have two suggestions; Make room for a fridge, saves trips inside, and a cot for naps, you will probably spend a lot of time there and it will double as a dog house, you will need the cot then. LOL
Yes, make room for the frig :biggrin: Zero room for a cot. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1592 (2).jpg
    IMG_1592 (2).jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 207

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Glad to see that you haven't completely lost the touch !!:biggrin:

You've now made more pens in your Studio in the last few weeks, than I've made in the last year!! So I guess I can't take the Micky out of you any more....:frown:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad to see that you haven't completely lost the touch !!:biggrin:

You've now made more pens in your Studio in the last few weeks, than I've made in the last year!! So I guess I can't take the Micky out of you any more....:frown:
You may be correct.....but it's quantity vs. quality in this case :biggrin: Thanks Steven!

stonepecker

This thread will never die...............I won't let it. :biggrin:

I am just happy that you are back in the grove so to speak. Turning is so relaxing.:rolleyes: And getting you to post more pictures is becomming addicting. :eek:

I so wish we could all take a road trip and meet at your 'cave' Chuck. I am willing to bet that would give the bride a new complaint for your hobby. :bulgy-eyes: I also know we would be welcomed. Keep showing us all how it is done Chuck. You know you are the hero of the IAP.:worship:

Keep smiling. :laugh::bananen_smilies046:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This thread will never die...............I won't let it. :biggrin:

I am just happy that you are back in the grove so to speak. Turning is so relaxing.:rolleyes: And getting you to post more pictures is becomming addicting. :eek:

I so wish we could all take a road trip and meet at your 'cave' Chuck. I am willing to bet that would give the bride a new complaint for your hobby. :bulgy-eyes: I also know we would be welcomed. Keep showing us all how it is done Chuck. You know you are the hero of the IAP.:worship:

Keep smiling. :laugh::bananen_smilies046:
Always reliable Wayne! Thanks pal! Yeah...I'm not sure she would be too thrilled with THAT much company :redface: You'd all have to take turns in this STUDIO :rolleyes::biggrin:

Hero?! :confused:More like the MISFIT of the IAP :biggrin: But hey....THANKS Wayne. You're always the morale booster :wink: And....with that, here are some photos I wanted everyone to see. Thank you so much for the Black Granite plaque. I haven't decided for sure, what to do with it. Gonna post these in another forum as well. Not sure where yet.

Wayne sent me some pieces of wood that, is significant to him and, his parents. So, the deal IS.....I make some pens for him. I will do so, soon. We have here....Sugar Maple, Plum, Cedar and a log of East Indian Rosewood. These woods are beauties! Thanks Wayne!

Attachments

• IMG_1594 (2).jpg
    IMG_1594 (2).jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1595 (2).jpg
    IMG_1595 (2).jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1596 (2).jpg
    IMG_1596 (2).jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 137

stonepecker

Great looking pens.
But even better is that smile of yours Chuck.
You must really love that studio.......man cave......dog house.......shop.

ENJOY it buddy. It still looks to clean.
Wayne

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pens.
But even better is that smile of yours Chuck.
You must really love that studio.......man cave......dog house.......shop.

ENJOY it buddy. It still looks to clean.
Wayne
LOL! Thanks Wayne. Believe me....the mess is there. Stuff still in boxes. There are more tools and, necessities for the metal lathe, still in boxes. :redface: But...I have the rest of my life to get it done.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The shop looks great Chuck. But the lathe looks a little lonely without a mill next to it:biggrin:

Mike
Thanks for the coat of sugar Mike! :biggrin: It is actually an absolute mess as I've stated before. Someday, I'll get it organized. I would speed it up if, I knew there would be a mill in the near future. :wink::biggrin:

Hi Chuck. glad to see you got the shop at least in working order (they are never really done) and making some pens again. Can't wait to see some more.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Things are rolling now. Stay tuned! :biggrin:

Looking good Chuck.. Now is that the only corner of the "studio" that you cleaned up??
Thanks Rich! That is the only corner cleaned up ...yes!:redface:

stonepecker

With the holiday comming up and with me being out of state, I hope you get lots of time to turn, clean, and play in the "cave"
Be sure to take some new pictures and show us all just how much you are getting done. Have you picked out the material for the curtains yet?

When I get back, I hope to see some new pens and maybe a little snow on your grounds.

Keep smiling.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
With the holiday comming up and with me being out of state, I hope you get lots of time to turn, clean, and play in the "cave"
Be sure to take some new pictures and show us all just how much you are getting done. Have you picked out the material for the curtains yet?

When I get back, I hope to see some new pens and maybe a little snow on your grounds.

Keep smiling.
As a matter of fact, I got six blanks(3 pens) cut drilled and glued up this A.M. Pens made and, more to do tomorrow. Pics later :biggrin:

stonepecker

I know that Chuck has been turning up a storm.....I just feel it in my bones.

Now if we can only get a few pictures, from the cave, for a little insperation for the rest of us. I mean, some of us need a push at times. And maybe a picture of his smiling face would put the rest of us in a good mood.

I am SICK of snow already.

stonepecker

As I said......"I am SICK of snow already." Maybe it is because of phone calls I am getting about work. I just refuse to lay down in the snow and cold to do my work.

But, last night, I got to open a box from Chuck and lo and behold.......I recieved some pens from the Master. I am guessing that he is in the cave and turning to his hearts delight. The pens were some of the best that I have ever seen. What got to me was that they were done with some of the wood I sent to him a while back.

I will be posting pictures of the pens as soon as I learn how to attach them to a posting. For now, this is a public "THANK YOU CHUCK." Your skills are only surpasted by the size of your heart.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, you sure got Wanyne fooled!:biggrin:
HUSH YOU!! I'm enjoying this :biggrin: (I didn't tell him I paid someone else to make 'em):biggrin:

Really though, Wayne sent some really nice wood. I have to thank Ron Jones for slicing them into blank sizes.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As I said......"I am SICK of snow already." Maybe it is because of phone calls I am getting about work. I just refuse to lay down in the snow and cold to do my work.

But, last night, I got to open a box from Chuck and lo and behold.......I recieved some pens from the Master. I am guessing that he is in the cave and turning to his hearts delight. The pens were some of the best that I have ever seen. What got to me was that they were done with some of the wood I sent to him a while back.

I will be posting pictures of the pens as soon as I learn how to attach them to a posting. For now, this is a public "THANK YOU CHUCK." Your skills are only surpasted by the size of your heart.
Wayne, I'm glad they meet your approval. I do still owe you a Walnut pen. That log did get laid out of the way. I'll get-r-dun! :biggrin:

stonepecker

Hey Chuck, Just because I would like you to use everything in your 'cave'........ Wishing I could send you some snow just to find out if the heater is working.:present:

I have my "white christmas" here already. They are talking more next week and I am trying to push it towards you.:eek:

Keep smiling:biggrin::bananen_smilies035:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Chuck, Just because I would like you to use everything in your 'cave'........ Wishing I could send you some snow just to find out if the heater is working.:present:

I have my "white christmas" here already. They are talking more next week and I am trying to push it towards you.:eek:

Keep smiling:biggrin::bananen_smilies035:
White Christmas' are always nice. Warming up to 50 degrees tomorrow. Keep your snow pal!:biggrin:

Top Bottom