Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Just got more much needed help in the form of financial support, from another caring, good friend. Without solicitation. It is a darned good feeling. So, I got my floor covering and, will go pick up ceiling panels & trim in awhile. I'll need to catch my brother for help with the ceiling so, I don't know when the next photos will be posted.

THANKS! to my friends for their support when, it was really needed. It wasn't looking good for me.:redface: But, is now!:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Moving right along

Ok, so the ceiling is in. I don't think paint will stick to this stuff (foil faced foam panels R-5 rating) so, I'm not even going to find out. It looks great to me :biggrin: Got carpet padding to go under the Congoleum for insulation & anti-fatigue factors. Got a coat of stain and, varnish on the trim pieces. Thanks to all of you for your support and, advice on this project. And, THANKS AGAIN to my friends who supported this project. Stay tuned for more photos and, updates. Gotta take Susanne to the Urologist this afternoon. Hope it's something that has an easy fix. This poor girl is traveling over her share of bumps.

Attachments

• IMG_1556 (2).jpg
    IMG_1556 (2).jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1554 (2).jpg
    IMG_1554 (2).jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1555 (2).jpg
    IMG_1555 (2).jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 201

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wood floors... okay, it's now officially nicer than my house:redface:

Mike
Mike, it will never be nicer than your house, I've been there. :wink::biggrin: No, not wood floors. Those are trim boards to go around the top & bottom of the walls. I just laid them on the floor to dry :biggrin: Thanks for the compliment though! :wink:

tomas

I dont see any hurricane straps, and arent you supposed to put blocking about 4 or 5 ft up to stop fires from spreading? That truss wont pass code either.

I had to do the same thing for my Colorado shop. I'm still watching for the tidal surge along with the hurricane.

Tomas

stonepecker

Glad that Susanne is alright. I believe it is time for some more pictures of the shop. Wanting to see that you are moving forward and getting closer to having the tools in place and you back to turning. :bulgy-eyes:
Right now, I am building you a "welcome back" package. Things for the shop and some others to play with. Just got to design a way to ship it all. :biggrin:

Keep smiling,

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad that Susanne is alright. I believe it is time for some more pictures of the shop. Wanting to see that you are moving forward and getting closer to having the tools in place and you back to turning. :bulgy-eyes:
Right now, I am building you a "welcome back" package. Things for the shop and some others to play with. Just got to design a way to ship it all. :biggrin:

Keep smiling,
Thanks Wayne! I am glad you asked. Got the trim stained and varnished. Had to wait for brother to get free to help hang the ceiling trim. Going to try to tackle the floor myself tomorrow maybe. Sealed the window and A/C with foam today also. Susanne goes to the BMV this afternoon so, won't get much else done. Welcome back package??? :eek: That sounds cool! Thanks!! I'm anxious to see it. From you, it has to be good. :biggrin:

Susanne asked if I were planning to sleep out there? I said absolutely not. She then asked "then why are you staining the trim"? :redface: I told her, I wanted it to look nice :rolleyes::biggrin: Girls just don't understand :wink::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1558 (2).jpg
    IMG_1558 (2).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1557 (2).jpg
    IMG_1557 (2).jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 174

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Chuck tell her its an "ARTISTS STUDIO" not a shed. It has to look good so when your pens dont work out like they should you can still look good workin in your "Studio"
Cause your an Artiste...........:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck tell her its an "ARTISTS STUDIO" not a shed. It has to look good so when your pens dont work out like they should you can still look good workin in your "Studio"
Cause your an Artiste...........:biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Wonderful idea Mike! I think I know what her response will be :redface: "BS" or....something to that effect :biggrin: But, I'll tell her YOU said so :wink::rolleyes:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A sudden change of game plan. I want to hang the cabinets before the floor covering. BECAUSE.....my marks for the wall studs are on the floor :biggrin: and, I don't trust my stud finder. SO....I now have to wait for my help to orchestrate their schedules :rolleyes: We might get this finished around the time Skiprat dictated :redface: Keep watching!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Today, I slapped some trim around the window and, A/C unit. No more progress until Sunday when help will be here for hanging some cabinets.:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1560 (2).jpg
    IMG_1560 (2).jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1559 (2).jpg
    IMG_1559 (2).jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 157
Chuck it is really starting to look good. I haven't been keeping up as much on your thread as I was, be a little preoccupied with some things going on here. You sure that is a workshop and not a small cabin, or large dog house....

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck it is really starting to look good. I haven't been keeping up as much on your thread as I was, be a little preoccupied with some things going on here. You sure that is a workshop and not a small cabin, or large dog house....

Mike
Thanks Mike, understood. No, it's still just a shed :biggrin:

stonepecker

So, once the cabinets are hung and the floor is in, we can expect to see the tools go into the "cave".:cool:
If I was closer, I would bring over one of the two rolling tables I have. They were gurney(s) from ambulance/medical supply house here locally. They work great. roll around in the shop. Hold lots of weight. With the right one, you can raise and lower the table. And with a blanket and pillow, you can take a nap.:foot-in-mouth:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So, once the cabinets are hung and the floor is in, we can expect to see the tools go into the "cave".:cool:
If I was closer, I would bring over one of the two rolling tables I have. They were gurney(s) from ambulance/medical supply house here locally. They work great. roll around in the shop. Hold lots of weight. With the right one, you can raise and lower the table. And with a blanket and pillow, you can take a nap.:foot-in-mouth:
YES! I'm going to see if I can persuade my helpers to get it all done tomorrow. Then tools go in. Those gurneys sound cool. They come with mattresses, don't they?:biggrin: I'm all about afternoon naps :):biggrin: I like your way of thinking Wayne. Actually, there won't be room for a gurney in this shed. I already have two benches. It won't be long now.:wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A few more photos

Getting closer to completion. Floor and, baseboard is in. Trim around the door is up. The first photo is the Lounge Area :biggrin: The outside temperature was 79 F so, I closed the doors and, window and gave the A/C a test. Within 3 minutes it was cool. And by 6minutes really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_1566 (2).jpg
    IMG_1566 (2).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1565 (2).jpg
    IMG_1565 (2).jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1564 (2).jpg
    IMG_1564 (2).jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1563 (2).jpg
    IMG_1563 (2).jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 190

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
WOW a waiting room for your clients while you preform your turnings in the Artistes studio...... You need another open up your hat another notch to fit your head!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'd almost thing a guy would almost feel bad getting shavings on floor that nice. Almost.
What shavings?

WOW a waiting room for your clients while you preform your turnings in the Artistes studio...... You need another open up your hat another notch to fit your head!
That's for tattoos and, hair dressers :biggrin: I've worn the same hat for decades :tongue:

stonepecker

Can hardly wait to see the benchs in place along with the tools.
Hope that you have a few mats for the floor......That is going to be cold in the winter. Of course, insulated boots will keep your feet warm.

And the tops of those cabinets......great place for the speakers for the radio. Got to have 'mood' music. The tops of mine get so dusty. I only get up there once a year to clean.

Looking forward to more pictures.

Chuch, it is really starting to look good. I might have to make a road trip can come out and check it out in person. Not a whole lot on my social calender right now any way.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Can hardly wait to see the benchs in place along with the tools.
Hope that you have a few mats for the floor......That is going to be cold in the winter. Of course, insulated boots will keep your feet warm.

And the tops of those cabinets......great place for the speakers for the radio. Got to have 'mood' music. The tops of mine get so dusty. I only get up there once a year to clean.

Looking forward to more pictures.
All of my gear is in the garage. So...have to box it back up in tubs (probably) and tote it back to the SHED (studio) Benches first of course. Yeah, got a place for stereo, TV and frig:biggrin: Gotta see if the wireless internet will work out there. Doubting it though.

As for the floor, I put carpet padding under that linoleum. Nice and comfy :biggrin:
Thanks Wayne!

Chuch, it is really starting to look good. I might have to make a road trip can come out and check it out in person. Not a whole lot on my social calender right now any way.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Get your A double S up here. I could learn something. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Time to get all this stuff packed up and moved to the new shop! :redface::rolleyes:

Piece of cake!:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1568 (2).jpg
    IMG_1568 (2).jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1567 (2).jpg
    IMG_1567 (2).jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 172

stonepecker

so now how much room is this 'cave' giving you? Sq Footage? I will be very interested in seeing how everything fits and where you are putting all the little "extras". I am guessing that getting the benchs in place is the first order of business.

Better hurry, you could be getting a little rain soon.

Top Bottom