Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I thought I would put all the progress photos in one post. I hope it works out. :redface:

It looks like the first couple of photos failed to upload. No big deal. Going to get the left over insulation in the rafters this week, then drywall this week end. Thanks to all for your interest and, support. Still a long way to go. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1524 (2).jpg
    IMG_1524 (2).jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1526 (2).jpg
    IMG_1526 (2).jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1533 (2).jpg
    IMG_1533 (2).jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1534 (2).jpg
    IMG_1534 (2).jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1537 (2).jpg
    IMG_1537 (2).jpg
    311 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1538 (2).jpg
    IMG_1538 (2).jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1539 (2).jpg
    IMG_1539 (2).jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1540 (2).jpg
    IMG_1540 (2).jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1541 (2).jpg
    IMG_1541 (2).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1542 (2).jpg
    IMG_1542 (2).jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1543 (2).jpg
    IMG_1543 (2).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1544 (2).jpg
    IMG_1544 (2).jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1549 (2).jpg
    IMG_1549 (2).jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 140
It's looking good Chuck I'll bet you can't wait to get moved in. I'll bet your wife can't wait either then she will have a parking space in the garage again. I haven't parked in my garage in about 15 years.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good things DO happen. Even to ME! :rolleyes: A messenger, sent from above dropped $100.00 into my Paypal account for drywall this morning :biggrin: BIG, BIG help! Happy days are here again! :wink::biggrin: Thank you angel :biggrin:

Timebandit

Dale, why did you just go with the single outlets? Why not do double gang boxes and put quads in them? Was this a money issue? Or maybe just have everything on plug strips. As an ex-electrician, just curious. I know its a small shop, but i always do quads when possible. Plus, thats more plugs to plug more plug strips into plug more plugs for things into, right!:biggrin:

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would have thought a 4 plex every 4 ft would be a great start. You would still only use one or two things at a time. Like your lathe and a light. I added 28 outlets to the garage where Im at now and have run out of places to plug things in and have a couple power strips plugged into them

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Dale, why did you just go with the single outlets? Why not do double gang boxes and put quads in them? Was this a money issue? Or maybe just have everything on plug strips. As an ex-electrician, just curious. I know its a small shop, but i always do quads when possible. Plus, thats more plugs to plug more plug strips into plug more plugs for things into, right!:biggrin:
It's 120 square feet. You pretty much answered your own question. Yes, money is always an issue for me. :redface:

I would have thought a 4 plex every 4 ft would be a great start. You would still only use one or two things at a time. Like your lathe and a light. I added 28 outlets to the garage where Im at now and have run out of places to plug things in and have a couple power strips plugged into them
I think what I have will be enough. Same as I had in North Port. Except the addition of the four foot strip. Guess I'll find out. I can always have # four foot strips. :biggrin:

I haven't checked in here for a bit Dale. Your shop is looking great.

I used to have a friend in North Port Ken Hutchinson I have not talked to him in a long time and don't know if he is even with us anymore. My father is just north of there in Venice.

Can't wait to see pens coming out of that space.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Drywall is up and, taped. Second coat of mud goes on tomorrow morning. Maybe third coat too. I got this low dust, fast drying stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1551 (2).jpg
    IMG_1551 (2).jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 190

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I haven't checked in here for a bit Dale. Your shop is looking great.

I used to have a friend in North Port Ken Hutchinson I have not talked to him in a long time and don't know if he is even with us anymore. My father is just north of there in Venice.

Can't wait to see pens coming out of that space.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Don't think I met Ken. Although, it seems like I saw someone with that name somewhere. I have more hats and, T-shirts that say Venice, than North Port. We loved Venice, for everything. Beach, shops, Christmas Boat Parade etc. Just a cool town.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yeah well, feel free to come and, help :tongue: Better yet.....send money!!! :biggrin: That's the biggest hold up. :rolleyes::redface:

Yeah well yourself !!! :mad: If you built a workshop instead of a la de da Studio, then you'd be in by now and have enough dosh left over to buy loads of kits.........or maybe one or two Compenent Sets......:tongue:

:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Chuck,
Dont pay any attention to the Rat. He's just jealous cause yours is bigger than his!:eek:
He still has to go outside his SHOP when he wants to change his mind.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yeah well, feel free to come and, help :tongue: Better yet.....send money!!! :biggrin: That's the biggest hold up. :rolleyes::redface:

Yeah well yourself !!! :mad: If you built a workshop instead of a la de da Studio, then you'd be in by now and have enough dosh left over to buy loads of kits.........or maybe one or two Compenent Sets......:tongue:

:biggrin:
Steve, you DO know that, Rome, was not built in a Day.:biggrin:

Chuck,
Dont pay any attention to the Rat. He's just jealous cause yours is bigger than his!:eek:
He still has to go outside his SHOP when he wants to change his mind.
That's funny! But, good point :biggrin: I don't mind Steve's teasing at all. I like his wit and, humor.:wink::biggrin:

bluwolf

Chuck, I'm with Skip. You really have to stop that. It's beginning to look nicer than my house...

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I'm with Skip. You really have to stop that. It's beginning to look nicer than my house...

Mike
But Mike, your shop has finished walls.:wink: I think, the nicer my shop looks, the nicer my pens will be. :rolleyes: If I still remember how to make one. :redface: Thanks Mike!

stonepecker

Chuck,
It is lookin' great. Just put up what you want and make the rest of us jealous. Hell, Maybe ever a few will get the idea that they too can have a studio. Some of us just get set in our old ways and are afraid to do something new and wonderful.

I have been cleaning my place this weekend. Looking better all the time. LOL
Wayne

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
ROTFLMAO! Only you Steven Jackson :biggrin: Thrown under the bus now! :rolleyes:

I think I like the one with stained glass.....no the Diner. But, I am NOT into baskets.:frown:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck,
It is lookin' great. Just put up what you want and make the rest of us jealous. Hell, Maybe ever a few will get the idea that they too can have a studio. Some of us just get set in our old ways and are afraid to do something new and wonderful.

I have been cleaning my place this weekend. Looking better all the time. LOL
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I hope it does influence some into building one. That otherwise wouldn't. :wink: It's been a blast and, given some bonding time with my brother before he goes back to AZ for the winter.

Hey, have you got photos posted?

Last edited:
Hey Chuck you are going to have to go back to the library and start at the beginning by the time you turn another pen. You won't know finial from center band! Can you remember the last time you turned a pen? You will have a great place to read about it though! You must be having shakes like crazy from the Pen DT's..

OOPS

Well, I for one will be really excited when you get your shop cranked up and start putting out more masterpieces. I really enjoy the way you style your pens and I was quite saddened a few months back when you sold off some of your stuff. I can't tell you how happy I have been to see this shop go up, mostly because I enjoy your work.

SO HURRY UP! You have a legion of fans! I think you've designed your shop well, for winter warmth and perhaps later, a/c for the summer. I am waiting with great anticipation.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Well, I for one will be really excited when you get your shop cranked up and start putting out more masterpieces. I really enjoy the way you style your pens and I was quite saddened a few months back when you sold off some of your stuff. I can't tell you how happy I have been to see this shop go up, mostly because I enjoy your work.

SO HURRY UP! You have a legion of fans! I think you've designed your shop well, for winter warmth and perhaps later, a/c for the summer. I am waiting with great anticipation.
Thank you Bill. When Redburn sees this, he'll say I need a bigger hat. :biggrin:I appreciate your compliments. I AM hoping to get this job over with soon. But, gee whiz...EVERTHING is $100.00 every time I need the next thing, it's another $100.00 :rolleyes: But, at least I'll have nice surroundings :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Todays progress

Finished sanding the joints, caulked the sill plate (almost forgot) put some backing plates above the drywall to, catch the trim when the time comes and, painted the walls. Got a deal on some eggshell so, I used that. I'm done for the day! :redface:

Attachments

• IMG_1553 (2).jpg
    IMG_1553 (2).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1552 (2).jpg
    IMG_1552 (2).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 162
Top Bottom