What's your poison?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I've never been much of a whiskey drinker. For me it's tequila or rum. Generally Cap'n Morgans or Kraken spiced rums, or good old (and cheap!) Jose Cuervo Gold. Rarely beer. A beer after working on the car or in the shop is refreshing though.

What do you guys enjoy? (Doesn't have to be alcoholic either...)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm a peach tea kinda of guy. But when I get my drink on it's Grey Goose and Red Bull. AKA the "JUICE"

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis"

Last edited:

bitshird

I have an affinity for Bacardi Anejo or Bacardi Select, and I don't like to pollute them, in winter time I will thin them with wee bit of coffee.

islandturner

What do you guys enjoy? (Doesn't have to be alcoholic either...)

For pleasant evening sipping with friends, any good highland single malt -- 12+ years old; the more 'peatty', the better. A good all round reasonably priced scotch is Laphroaig (http://www.laphroaig.com/) -- pronounced la-froig -- with a wonderful unique smoky flavour.

Favourite beer would be Guinness...

Dang, all this typing is making me thirsty. See ya....

PenMan1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_water

Hmm... Stream water? Same stream as JB uses? Tap water?

Down in South and Central Georgia (and some parts of Texas that has pure underground aquifers) "branch water" refers to pure water from an underground spring or aquifer-- NOT "city" water which is full of floride, chloride and other stuff, which we refer to as "swimming pool" or "toilet" water.

Bree

Well I used to love my Southern Comfort and Coke with a cherry or my Walker's Deluxe straight. You could always lure me into some Peppermint Schnapps washed down with Old Milwaukee (Old Kish we used to call it for the Kishwaukee River where we used to drink the stuff a lot.)

That was all until the doctor told me I wasn't allowed to have any more. Jerk.

So now my favorite drink is a Jamocha shake from Arby's. And I'm not supposed to have that either! But I don't care!!!
:tongue::tongue::tongue:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Pappy 20 year old is pretty darn hard to beat. I actually like it more than 25 year. Have you ever tried Basil Hayden?

burr

Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer
In that order until I hit 33 and liver started going bad now its just water either on the rocks or straight up!

OKLAHOMAN

Diet Coke and Gator aid every day but when it's time for relaxation Old Weller 107 and a splash of water......

ribanett

During the day, Community Club Dark Roast Coffee or Iced Tea. After everythings done, a few Guinness (warm) or maybe a little Booker's Bourbon (neat)

sparhawk

During the day, Community Club Dark Roast Coffee or Iced Tea. After everythings done, a few Guinness (warm) or maybe a little Booker's Bourbon (neat)

Three best things out of Louisianna(except me of course:biggrin:) are Bunny bread, Popeyes chicken and Community Coffee, ( Dark roast only.) When i first moved to Alabama they didnt sell Community and I would have my mom ship several pounds to me a month. If i ran out before the next shipment i told my wife to just buy whatever was cheapest cause if it aint Community it dont matter.Now my daughter wouldnt drink anything else, or me either.:wink: As for drinkin, Miller light if its beer or sip on some 103 proof Fighting ****.

PenMan1

dang, now I know why those pens turn out so good looking because you guys are drunk out of your head and can't tel what your doing. :tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I get one burbon and branch water when I turn, then SWMBO cuts me off. She says after two drinks my work tends to get "a little poofy" meaning too many curves and fewer straight lines:biggrin::biggrin:

If all you single malt drinkers would convert over to burbon, you wouldn't have to charge so much for your pens! Just Kidding....Even as a burbon drinker, there are times when a nice single malt (that somebody else paid for) really hits the sport!

Last edited:

jskeen

well, there is the day to day drinkin' by myself after the kids go to sleep stuff, either lone star tall boys, or whatever bourbon is cheapest at the store that day. I don't believe in mixing "good" bourbon with soda, so I tend to get a half gallon of whatever is cheap, usually JTS Brown or Kentucky pride. But only true "bourbon" not "whiskey" or "blended whiskey". By law if it says "Bourbon" on the bottle it must be aged at least 4 years, in new oak cooperage, and meet other content specifications that pretty much mean that it's all good enough to be indistinguishable mixed with coke, or anything else.

Then there is the good "having company over for a drink after dinner" stuff. I always have at least a bottle of single malt scotch and another bottle of small batch bourbon on hand to drink straight, or at most with a splash of room temp bottled water, distilled only, not spring water. Right now I'm working on a bottle of Dalwhinnie single malt, which is made in the Highest elevation distillery in the Home Country, and just cracked open a fifth of Elmer T. Lee's namesake single barrel bourbon. I very seldom repeat buy a premium spirit, so many bottles, so little time! I've also never found any so bad I've had to throw it out either.

Top Bottom