Corn hole board finish...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mkorish

I'm making a pair of corn hole boards and I did licthenberg burn in and was wondering what would be the best to use to get o smooth flat finish?

Thanks..

Mortalis

Did the burn in create divots? If so then you will want to fill them with a clear substance. You will need to start the finishing with a smooth surface. Once you've done that then a Poly finish should give you a smooth tough finish. Spray on will give a thicker coat than wipe on and brush on will provide a thicker coat than spray on. Let each coat dry completely and then lightly sand with 220 to just knock down rough feathering. Three coats should do it.

MRDucks2

I have used Spar Varnish in the past and it held up amazingly well. It does yellow over a white surface giving and antique look but that finish, brushed on straight from the can in warm weather, self leveled between coats and has lasted over 20 years.

dogcatcher

We used BLO mixed with mineral spirits. First coat about 50/50 then 2 coats 75/25 and a couple of more light coats at 100% BLO.

Added some Fiebings alcohol based leather dye for color in the first coat. First coat was a soaker, let it soak in and then wide any excess off.

Top Bottom