Volunteer sign in thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have a PM out to Curtis and I am waiting on a response.
We wont need to put the link in until we post the Actual Contests themselves.
If I dont have an answer by the end of next week I will give him a Call.
He may be on vacation or very busy at the moment.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
All chairs
There is a sticky thread that you need to put the information into so That Curtis can create your entry forms.
There is a list of what he needs from you.
It needs to be done as quickly as possible so He isnt trying to do this at Midnight the last day of January.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Mike Broberg would like a couple people to try the Match the pen to Pen maker before he has to post it, if anyone would like to try it out for him he has a thread you can let him know or PM him

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
To all Contest Chairs, Your entry form information is due so Curtis can make up the forms and links. Its important to use this system so we can track participation in each contest.
There is a thread in the planning forum to post your information for Curtis.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
To all contest chairs
Your prizes for your contests are listed in The Contest Prize thread now posted in the planning forum.
Many have multiple prizes for a particular place. Hopefully you can copy and paste.
Any questions let me know.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
To all Chairs, Jeff will be creating set up Forums for your contests. You will have moderation in these Forums. Copy and Paste your final contest rules and information including the Prizes into your Forum and Jeff will move them to the public viewing in the Actual Bash Forum.
Be ready to do this as soon as I let you know they are available. The Bash Starts this Sunday Good luck to all of you.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Notice to all Chairs
Because of the perception that you will have access to the answers to the following Contests you will not be allowed to enter in them as a contestant.
Trivia, Puzzles, Match the pen.
You can do them but you cannot win in them, daily or other wise.
You are allowed to enter any of the Pen, casting, Box, stand, etc contests as a competitor.
Mike

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzles Updated

I have posted an update to the Puzzle Contest rules with the prize allocations. Unless anyone has any suggested changes, it is ready to be posted to the contest forum.

Edgar

stonepecker

Notice to all Chairs
Because of the perception that you will have access to the answers to the following Contests you will not be allowed to enter in them as a contestant.
You are allowed to enter any of the Pen, casting, Box, stand, etc contests as a competitor.
Mike

Please be aware fellow chairs persons that I have checked everyone out. None of you are allowed to enter the YOUTH CONTESTS.
You are all to DAMN old. AGE WISE!

Now mentally........there are a couple of you that might slip in without me seeing it.

I am having so much fun already. GO PANTHERS

CREID

Notice to all Chairs
Mike

Please be aware fellow chairs persons that I have checked everyone out. None of you are allowed to enter the YOUTH CONTESTS.
You are all to DAMN old. AGE WISE!

Now mentally........there are a couple of you that might slip in without me seeing it.

I am having so much fun already. GO PANTHERS
in dog years, I am only 8.14 years old.:cool:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Start Posting your contests into the sub forum made for it.
Those of you that will use a link provided by Curtis can add it later.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
All Contests need to be posted in their respective Sub forums by Friday Evening. THey will go live on Sunday

bobleibo

All Contests need to be posted in their respective Sub forums by Friday Evening. THey will go live on Sunday

This might be a dumb question but what is the sub-forum? Is it the ones we've already created for our contests?
Thanks

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It is not a dumb question. Iif you look above the list of threads it says Public
2016 Birthday Bash Public Forum. You will notice a forum for you contest. Copy and Paste your final set of rules in that forum along with the prizes for your contest and any other changes that need to be made. As soon As Curtis posts our links for the entry forms we will add them to the contests.

alankulwicki7

Notice to all Chairs
Mike

So this means I can't enter the Puzzle contest?:eek: That will save me some time :biggrin:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Notice to all Chairs
Mike

OR the Trivia! :biggrin:
Not a complaint, but just clarifying....this in new for this year? Was their complaints in past years? I know in previous years we could enter the trivia and puzzle contests.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes, its new this year. In the past we had to have exclusion rules for forums in which people were going to enter. Its difficult to do so and makes for a lot of hard work on Jeffs part. Its easier just to exclude us.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF you get a notice I have changed something in your contests, It means that I have added a link to the Universal Contest rules. It was added to the wording so that they can click on it and read it if they havent already. I have not changed anything in your description and rules other than to add that link. I could have had each of you change it but I had the time and only a few contests needed it changed.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yes, its new this year. In the past we had to have exclusion rules for forums in which people were going to enter. Its difficult to do so and makes for a lot of hard work on Jeffs part. Its easier just to exclude us.

No problem, as long as I can still enter the Ugly Pen contest.

What do you mean, we don't have that this year. :crying:

stonepecker

No problem, as long as I can still enter the Ugly Pen contest.

What do you mean, we don't have that this year. :crying:

Edgar, We are having the Ulgy Pen Chairman Contests.
Last count, Derek was in the lead by a Dakota Mile.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF you havent noticed your entry forms are posted in a seperate thread now. Please try them once before posting them.

Jeff will have your Moderator Status fixed tonight after he gets home from work. You will be able to make changes and additions after that.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You need to have tested your sign in forms for you contest and if there are any problems let Curtis know now.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have edited that link and it should be working. If your link does not work, the rules page is under the Activities Manager Forum. Click on it and copy the url at the top.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Bob has been having issues with Descriptions not coming through With The entries to his contest. Has anyone else had a problem with this? We need to let Curtis Know if you are.

bobleibo

On another note, is it ok if we post a "practice poll" for our contest somewhere in the contest chairs planning forum to give it a test run before we go live in the public forum?
I always had a problem with past polls showing the results to the public before the close and had to ask for help from the mod's to correct.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
On another note, is it ok if we post a "practice poll" for our contest somewhere in the contest chairs planning forum to give it a test run before we go live in the public forum?
I always had a problem with past polls showing the results to the public before the close and had to ask for help from the mod's to correct.

good idea - post away in this section!

Top Bottom