Volunteer sign in thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Is there a way in the poll to let people vote for 3 items or are the options: only 1 or as many as you want?

I'll be setting my poll up Monday morning
Thanks,
Dave

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are two options Multiple or single votes
Choose the Multiple option and post in your thread to "Choose up to 3" we cant stop them from choosing more but almost everyone will honor the 3 choices.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Prizes for the contests

Jeff has the following prizes, If your contest awards a prize from one of these Donors
Contact Jeff via PM
Alumilte # Jeff does not have these prizes this year, PM me the info- Mike
LMS
Kallenshaan
CrownTools
Ruth Niles
Kingspor
Griffen Exotic Wood
AAW Memebership
ROckler

I have the Gcs for Carte and Son Tools and
Lee Valley.

Send Me the winners of Any Prizes from PSI, Lazerline, WoodnWhimsies.WoodTurningz, Craft Supplies, and which one they won.

Attached is the spread sheet with contact information for the various Donors.
If you cant open it let me know and I will forward you the contact info.

Attachments

• prize list donors and prizes.xlsx
    19.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There is a correction. Jeff does not have the Alumilite Packages this year. Pm me the winners of ALumilite and I will send them as one email at the end of the Bash.

bobleibo

Once we have our own contest winners info, can we move ahead and contact the prize donor for shipping or GC coordination or do we wait until the end of the bash? Are all of the GC's electronic? I like to do these at the same time as sending out thank you's.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Contest winners corespondence

Last year there was a "Correspondence to contest winners" document sent to all contest chairmen.

Is there a New version of this that we should use or can we use the old one? Or did I miss it?

It went something like this:

Correspondence to contest winners

It will be the responsibility of the contest chairmen to notify the contest winners who is supplying their prize. The contest chairmen will also be responsible for notifying the prize provider of the name and contact information of the person to whom they are to deliver their prize. For simplicity and consistency please use the following procedure to accomplish this.

Once the contest has ended notify Curtis (Mesquiteman) that the contest has concluded. Within 24 hours Curtis will send you a spreadsheet that contains all the information provided on the Contest Entry Forms that were submitted for your contest.

Please send the following text, edited and specific to the contest and winner, to the winner(s) in either a PM or email, whichever is applicable.

Congratulations (contest winner)! You are the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) place winner of the 2015 Birthday Bash (name of contest). You have won (describe prize) provided by (name of provider). I will use the information on the Contest Entry Form that you completed to provide (name of provider) with only the information needed for them to deliver your prize to you. If you have not received your prize, nor been contacted by (name of vendor) within 14 days please immediately notify Jeff Brown, screen name Jeff. He will contact (name of vendor) on your behalf and find out why delivery has been delayed. Please do not delay if this notification is necessary.

When you do receive your prize we hope you will take the time to write a quick PM or email to (name of provider) thanking (him, her, them) for the prize donation and their support of the IAP. Prize donors like to know that their support is appreciated and this one courtesy might positively encourage continued support from this donor in the future.

When you receive the requested information from Curtis send the following text to the prize provider by PM or email, whichever is applicable.

(Name of prize provider),
Thank you for your donation of (describe prize) to the IAP 2015 Birthday Bash. Your support allows the IAP to further its mission of recognizing pen making as a craft with unique and distinctive character and allowing pen makers to enhance their skills, share experiences and promote the art of pen making.

The prize you donated has been won by (name of winner). Please ship the prize to (first name of winner) at (street address or email as needed). I know (he / she) is anxious to receive it.
Please know that I and the management of the IAP are very appreciative of you support. The Birthday Bash would not be the showcase event that it is without your generous support. Thank You!
Sincerely,
(your name)

bobleibo

Once we have our own contest winners info, can we move ahead and contact the prize donor for shipping or GC coordination or do we wait until the end of the bash? Are all of the GC's electronic? I like to do these at the same time as sending out thank you's.

I'd like to move forward with the vendors who donated prizes that pertained to the Ball Point contest. The original prize list shows gift certificates that are distinct (ex; vendor a , prize package #1) that we do not know which is assigned to us. Can we contact them and just give them the winners name and GC amount?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I am compiling the lists of winners and will contact you for either the winners infor if I need to conatact them with one list or contact infor for you to contact them directly
THere is contact information for most of the donors in the Prize thread by Andrew.
I need the information from your winners of the lazerline contests (email) so I can present Constant with the entire list.

Mr Vic

You can use that format again .

But don't forget to change the year to 2016! Otherwise they will think we're late.

Newbie here, so the contest runners should contact the winners and let them know what they won and then contact the donors with the mailing/shipping info for the winners?

Can I just give them my info and keep the goodies?:wink:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
To all contest chairs, If you have not posted a thread in your contest forum announcing the winners names with their entries please do so. If you have made a thread announcing them and its not in its contest forum we need to move it so we can find that information as we need it. I have to correlate a huge amount of information and I need to be able to find it easier.

I now have a complete list of entries and information if you need info for your winners.
I will send a single list to Constant / lazerline for the gift certificates. I am compiling that list now. I will also send Jeff a list of the Alumilite winners as I can gather them.

Donations from Exotic Blanks, Classic Nib, Turn Tex can have the winners info sent directly to them and I will follow up with a comlete list.

Winners of Bobs from members can be PMed directly to the donor and they can arrange delivery.

If you contact a vendor make sure that you include a thank you note. Wayne posted a copy that can be used and the date updated.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Lee valley contact Mike
Thompson Tools Dougswoodworking@aol.com
WoodnWhimsies woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com Tracey
Woodturningz fritz@woodturningz.com Fritz
Craft Supplies bwilliams@woodturnerscatalog.com Ben Williams
Easy wood tools alan@easywoodtools.com Alan
Pen State ind. ed@penstateind.com Ed Levy
Carter and Son Toolworks I have this one--Mike
Pen World Magazine contact us@penworld.com Tina Dammeyer
Satellite City Glues HK-1 Hot Stuff Pro Kit- complete CA glue set with accelerator and debonder from Satellite City Instant Glues

Jeff has
Little Machine shop info@ littlemachineshop.com
Woodturners Wonders Ken Rizza
Kallenshaan
Alumilite
Crown Tools
Richard Joyner ruth niles
Kingspor
Grifffen Exotic wood
Bear Tooth woods
American association of woodturners

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member

I'd like to move forward with the vendors who donated prizes that pertained to the Ball Point contest. The original prize list shows gift certificates that are distinct (ex; vendor a , prize package #1) that we do not know which is assigned to us. Can we contact them and just give them the winners name and GC amount?

Yes, The package number is my addition to allow me to track them during the Bash. Many vendors donate multiple prizes. You can contact them with the winners information and the GC amount they won.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are more contact information in the prize thread by Andrew that have been added since I made my list.
You can check there as well. Some we will have to find as we go.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There is a final thread for Comments you would like to make about the Bash. Good Bad or otherwise.

Top Bottom