Sign in and information thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Not to step on our glorious leader's toes but there are some guidelines in the Universal Contest Rules.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/universal-contest-rules-133052/#post1774642

You wanna be the guy to tell jttheclockman he's disqualified? :eek:

He did say that if he wins, he wants the prize donated. I don't think it will be a worry.
Jt doesn't scare me. So just where is the incognito button?
You all do know i'm talking about mredburn.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

"I had to do that last year, that is why I put in the rules a reminder not to put your name on your pictures. I didn't catch it before I posted the poll, so I had to disqualify him after the poll stated."

Yeah, some jerk named me ratted him out.

Last edited:

CREID

"I had to do that last year, that is why I put in the rules a reminder not to put your name on your pictures. I didn't catch it before I posted the poll, so I had to disqualify him after the poll stated."

Yeah, some jerk named me ratted him out.
I checked the membership list and can't fine "me".:rolleyes:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
According to the Universal Rules (thanks for pointing that out) Run a poll for every 10 entries and take the top 3 from each and do a final poll run each poll 3 days.

Brian G

That's not how I interpret it works. I see it as one full poll, reduced down to a second poll, reduced down to a final.

Plus, I really don't want some fancy-pants statistimagician to prattle on if there's a difference in number of voters scattered among three polls, and hear about unequal distribution and needing to weight each poll accordingly.

Thanks for the discussion, all.

I'm going to construct a poll of all entries, and allow for five selections. The top half will roll to round two, and I'll allow three selections to get to the final 10. Then a third poll to select the final three.

Probably won't have the poll ready until tomorrow morning.

CREID

That's not how I interpret it works. I see it as one full poll, reduced down to a second poll, reduced down to a final.

Plus, I really don't want some fancy-pants statistimagician to prattle on if there's a difference in number of voters scattered among three polls, and hear about unequal distribution and needing to weight each poll accordingly.

Thanks for the discussion, all.

I'm going to construct a poll of all entries, and allow for five selections. The top half will roll to round two, and I'll allow three selections to get to the final 10. Then a third poll to select the final three.

Probably won't have the poll ready until tomorrow morning.
What's gonna take so long. :neutral:

SteveJ

Ok, so my poll wasn't ready. If any of you who have successfully posted a poll can help (Mike isn't online as I write this) I can't figure out how to limit votes to three. If you can give me some direction I will have it done when Mike gets back on.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Steve, You have the option of ONe choice or multiple. We choose multiple and tell them to pick 3.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When Your contest is over post the winners and pictures of the winning entry in your contest forum. Not in casual conversation or the voting forum. This way I can track the winners of each contest if needed.
IF you have a BOB as a prize contact the donor and send them the winner of their BOB's information. I will do the rest. Send me a list of the winners and their information so I can gather it up and contact the donors.

D.Oliver

According to the Universal Rules (thanks for pointing that out) Run a poll for every 10 entries and take the top 3 from each and do a final poll run each poll 3 days.

There's Universal Rules?!:eek: I feel like I probably should have known about those........

CREID

There's Universal Rules?!:eek: I feel like I probably should have known about those........
They don't apply in South Dakota, it's against the law to enforce universal contest rules to people that can't read.:biggrin:

Brian G

Hope this is okay, but I'm a lot concerned about the number of votes cast for Round 2 of the Pretty Wood Pen (PWP) contest.

I might have to make a Chairman's decision and reduce the number of entries that advance to Round 3 to something fewer than 10th most votes. The #10 spot is shaping up to have multiples, so there might not be much of a reduction in the size of the field.

There's a big difference in rankings between Round 1 and Round 2, some of which could be expected in going from 40 to 20 choices. On the other hand, we're at half the voters, so a pile that chose some of the leaders in Round 1 may not have voted.

Gives me some heartburn, but also gives me some thoughts to incorporate into future contests.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You might want to post a thread or two in casual conversation about voting and link to your thread.

Brian G

I've been doing that, though not as, ahem. . . "aggressively" as others. :wink:

I think people are wearing out. Maybe they are all at the FLA thingy.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IFyou had a BOB prize please contact the member that donated it and exchange the information or let them contact each other and get it taken Care of.
You can send me the winners of any other prizes as well and I will notify the vendors of the winners of their donated prizes. We have multple Donors that donated multiple prizes and I send them 1 list of all the winners of those prizes. This makes it simple to keep track of.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Some have sent me codes I send to the winner, some I send the winners information to the Donor and let them contact the winner.
Just depends on the Company that Donated.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THere is one last new thread on what you have for opinions on the Bash this year. If you would like to mention or discuss something out of the Public Forums.

CREID

THere is one last new thread on what you have for opinions on the Bash this year. If you would like to mention or discuss something out of the Public Forums.
For basic casting being a pretty simple for anyone casting to enter there doesn't seem to be that much interest. Even with the heated debate I think Polyclay is growing and should continue. I do believe it is also our job to promote this new medium and get more people entering.

Top Bottom