Sign in and information thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When you find this forum Sign in to this thread so we know your here and you can get notifications as we go.

Im adding in the contests so they are in the first post.

Slimline Unlimited Derek

Turning Challenged -Derek

Ball Point Pen - Bob Leibo

Advanced Kit -Loucurr

Kitless Pen -Steve J

Free Style pen liljohn1368

Get it Done -Lyonsacc

Youth -Stonepecker

Difficult to write with mbroberg

Pretty Wood pen - Brian G

Pen Stand -Jimm1

Pen Box- Monty

Basic casting, color only -Creid
Poly clay * Creid

Free Style casting. -Mr Vic

Library Article -Wayne

Pen Photo -Robert Sherlock

Shop Photo-Robert Sherlock

Trivia

Puzzles _ Edgar

Match the Pen to Pen Maker. -mbroberg

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will get a list of contests for the Bash listed in the coming days and you can start selecting the contest(s) your willing to chair. Once you have chosen your contest, rules should be posted in their own contest thread. I can edit any rules needed as we go or you can post a new set in your contest thread. I would like to post the Contest rules to the public forum By Mid December for discussion and any changes from member input.
THe first week of January we will repost the final rules and Feb kicks off the Bash.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will confirm that Curtis will provide us with entry forms again this year. All contests other than Puzzles and Trivia will use the entry forms. The entry forms are critical at the end of the bash when I have 300+ prizes from dozens of donors that I have to make sure get to the winners.
All photos will be uploaded on Iap and not from an outside website with links to the pictures. Make yourselves familiar with the process of posting the pictures in the thread rather than just thumbnails. Jeff has a couple of youtube videos of the process I can help point you to if you need help. Its not hard but does add a couple of minutes per entry to your work load. It makes viewing the entries much easier by the members.
When we go live with the contests we will have separate sub forums for each contest like last year and you will be able to moderate your own contests.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have posted a list of the contests for this years Bash Some of you have requested a particular contest. I have assigned those. If you ran a contest last year and would like to do it again let me know you can have first choice on it. If you would rather run a different contest post which one you would like. If a chair doesnt want to run a contest they ran last year that contest is up for grabs. Claim it in this thread.

We had very poor participation in the hunter contest and the Freestyle so I am eliminating them for this year. We may rotate them back in next year.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have added Pretty Wood Pen Contest this year, Brian G has volunteered to run it.
I have also made a separate contest for Poly clay pens from casting. We will see how well it does. I have assigned that to Creid since it was part of Basic casting last year.

CREID

I have added Pretty Wood Pen Contest this year, Brian G has volunteered to run it.
I have also made a separate contest for Poly clay pens from casting. We will see how well it does. I have assigned that to Creid since it was part of Basic casting last year.

That's cool. Maybe we can get some more people to enter there are some great pens out there with ployclay.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Lou, Im waiting to hear from Derek who has run the slimline competitions for the last couple of years. If he doesnt want them you can have The S. U.
Robert S and Dave They are yours.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
For those of you assigned a contest, when you have your rules ready post them in a new thread for review.

CREID

Basic Casting contest and Poly Clay contest rules are posted.
Please review and give me your insights.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I need contest rules posted for the following contests. Slim line Unlimited, Turning Challenged, Pretty Wood Pen, Ball Pointy Pen and Kitless,
I need these posted by Dec 31st. I will copy all contests to the Activities forum for public review and input. Any changes I can make there as well as here. THe final rules will be used when creating your subforum for each contest.

Brian G

Sorry, Mike. I didn't realize that all of this was going on in the background. :redface:

I'll post the draft rules for the Pretty Wood Pen contest shortly.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thanks Chuck, ( there I corrected it Dale) :biggrin:

I need Youth Contest rules and Turning Challenged Rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom