Sign in and information thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

If you have to copy and paste it to get it to work then it works fine. If it is supposed to take you to something like outlook or whatever when you click it, then it doesn't work.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THe prize list is being sorted out. I should have it done by tonight and Will start adding prizes to your contests.

The email address is just that. They may have to copy and paste it into their email program.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF you want to repost your contest rules under your own ID you can copy and past the contest rules into a new thread and delete the one I created. If you want you can just use the Forum tools to follow the thread postings. I dont mind if you delete the one I posted.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You will need to get familiar with posting photos in your contest thread using the method I linked to earlier. Please use the method of putting the pictures in your thread rather than just thumbnails at the bottom

Brian G

IF you want to repost your contest rules under your own ID you can copy and past the contest rules into a new thread and delete the one I created. If you want you can just use the Forum tools to follow the thread postings. I dont mind if you delete the one I posted.

I seem to be lacking editing powers in the Pretty Wood Pen forum. I need to change the email link text so that the Pretty.Wood.Pen@penturners.org shows instead of 'INSERT EMAIL'

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Is everyone sending a return email letting People know they received an entry?
You need to if you havent. Trivia excluded. We had one year where 3 people did not get their entries in because it went to Spam or just didnt get recieved.

CREID

Is everyone sending a return email letting People know they received an entry?
You need to if you havent. Trivia excluded. We had one year where 3 people did not get their entries in because it went to Spam or just didnt get recieved.

I have sent a reply to every entry I have gotten. I also intend to post a message before the contest ends stating that if they haven't gotten a reply from their entry then I don't have their entry.
I sent you a pm asking if when they submit their entry to the contest email if there is a record of that so we can double check or is the only record in our inbox?

Brian G

I respond by email to emails from entrants that don't notify me by PM that they submitted an entry. One of the reasons I asked for PM notification of an entry is that it gives a second verification of an entry.

Like Curt, I'll post a message in the contest thread to make sure that everyone who submitted an entry received an acknowledgment. I think I'll do that tonight, just in case.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Please post your Polls Under Contest Voting. Jeff will soon have a link to it on the front page. In the mean time you can find it by clicking on the Bash link at the top of the home page and find it in the Forums. If you already have a poll up and running I will be moving it.

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You can set up a poll thread in the planning forum and contact me and I can move it to the Contest Voting Forum. THat can keep people from posting or voting before you get it done.

Brian G

I need some feedback from contest chairs, please. By the time the Pretty Wood Pen contest closes, I'll be close to 40 entries. I'm at 35 right now.

Should I plan for three rounds of voting, or two? I'm leaning to three, with round one cutting the field to half, and round two cutting it in half again. First round will allow voters to choose top 5, second and third top three.

Thoughts?

Oh, and how picky should we be about full names having to be in member profiles? I have at least one person who doesn't have the full name. I'd rather juggle firebreathing skunks in a phonebooth (if they still exist) than challenge that person.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would consider 3, run two polls with half the pens each at the same time and then take the top 5 or 6 from each and runn them off for the winner.

You can run one poll and take the top 10 or 12 for the run off if that is easier.

Congratulations on a very successful contest.

SteveJ

I would go for one poll where all the pens are staged against one another, otherwise it is possible that the 6th place pen in one of the polls could receive more votes than the 5th place pen in the second poll. Maybe vote for 10 and keep 20 for the second poll.

Brian G

I think 5 selections is the maximum, but I might be wrong.

I'm leaning all in one poll for round one, and 3 rounds overall, halving the number in rounds one and two.

Curt, I have one coming in the basic casting. Just have to photograph a few options, and pick the best. Somebody has to be last and last place. :eek:

SteveJ

"Curt, I have one coming in the basic casting. Just have to photograph a few options, and pick the best. Somebody has to be last and last place. "

Like you have ever experienced being in last place in a contest here...

Last edited:

CREID

I think 5 selections is the maximum, but I might be wrong.

I'm leaning all in one poll for round one, and 3 rounds overall, halving the number in rounds one and two.

Curt, I have one coming in the basic casting. Just have to photograph a few options, and pick the best. Somebody has to be last and last place. :eek:
You got till tomorrow night, I'm being a hardbutt on the timing. :eek::)

CREID

You know if you want to pick on the guy a little you have to do it soon. Cause after the Bash is over we won't here from him again until he needs to con some dummies into running contests again.:eek:

SteveJ

Not to step on our glorious leader's toes but there are some guidelines in the Universal Contest Rules.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/universal-contest-rules-133052/#post1774642

You wanna be the guy to tell jttheclockman he's disqualified? :eek:

He did say that if he wins, he wants the prize donated. I don't think it will be a worry.

I don't mind telling him - I think he might actually think I'm friendly to him!

I've got to take off now, but let me know if you want me to say something and depending on when your contest closes he may be able to resubmit!

CREID

Brian G

I haven't checked all entrants, so I don't think it would be right to single him out without going through all. I'm a nice guy, despite outward appearances.

CREID

I actually had to disqualify someone from my contest (not JT) and he took it amazingly well.
I had to do that last year, that is why I put in the rules a reminder not to put your name on your pictures. I didn't catch it before I posted the poll, so I had to disqualify him after the poll stated.

Top Bottom