painting interior of acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdwilliams999

I have been using standard primer (white, grey, or black) in a spray can for all my acrylic blanks so it will hide the wavy or bubbly CA glue. Most of the time it seems to work fine, but I have noticed recently that it may not be working as well as I thought. Both while turning and during dis-assembly, I have found that they are coming apart.

Does any one suggest a better "paint" or method of hiding the brass tubes and/or unsightly glue?

Mike

Bree

One of the chief reasons that you get delamination of the CA and the tube in acrylic blanks is the fact that the CA fails to set up because there is nothing to cause it to cure. In normal wood there is 7% or more moisture in the wood... just enough to get the curing process going. In an acrylic blank there is ZERO.

Shoot some accelerator down the drilled out blanks and quickly rotate the glued tube into it and they will stick and be ready for end milling very fast.
:wink::wink::wink:

IPD_Mr

Another good option is epoxy. I use air brush paints for the inside of the blank and add a drop of paint to the epoxy while stirring it.

RickLong

Another good option is epoxy. I use air brush paints for the inside of the blank and add a drop of paint to the epoxy while stirring it.

Good idea.. I will have to start adding paint to my epoxy too.. Thanks for the comment!

Top Bottom