Introduction Post: Michael/Turning Point Pen Co.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi!
I'm Michael, I was introduced to turning (and pen making) when I was in Middle School back in 2005.
I found a passion in making these rectangular materials into shiny cylindrical objects, and kept turning as a hobby through high school and college.

The turning point for me was after playing Division 1 soccer and graduating from James Madison University in 2015.
Quite randomly, a friend expressed to me that she wanted to commemorate her graduation with a "really nice fountain pen". This got my idea machine going.
Through a series of events, this request initiated my journey into honing my pen turning craft, entrepreneurship, and eventually building a high-end writing instrument brand around it (Click Here to read the whole story!).

I'm now the owner and designer at Turning Point Pen Co. - a young luxury writing instrument brand that's determined to re-introduce the world to the immense value and incredible experience of a finely crafted pen!
I highly respect and value the craft that we as pen makers do, and want to help raise this community up - "when the sea level rises, all ships rise".
We've found success thus far with special gifts, high-impact commemorations, and even celebrity projects (Click Here for the Kehinde Wiley/Rumors of War project article).

Our mission is to amplify the significance in the important moments in life, and our chosen medium to do this is the fountain pen.

I hope you've all been able to stay happy and healthy through these last few quarantined & tense months.
I've attached a few sample photos that I hope you'll all enjoy.
I'm glad to have found a community that appreciates this craft so much, and I look forward to engaging with you!

Please take care,
Michael
ROW Pen Pamphlet.jpgIMG_20191115_063840.jpgIMG_20200206_100830-01.jpegIMG_20200224_091210 (1).jpg20171122_192713.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Michael!
No need to tell you that you are in the money maker for pens - fountain pens!
There are a wide spectrum of users here, from newbie/neophyte to professional. You can contribute and I am sure there are many here that probably can help with their vast experience.

I have watched people come to this forum as a neophyte and quickly move to professional level with their own business.

Welcome.

jttheclockman

Welcome aboard. Hope you stick around and share the journey. You are on your way with your business and wish you great success with it. Not an easy field but carve out a different niche for yourself and you can make it a go. Stay safe and good luck.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome to IAP Michael. I've known Michael for a few years as a member of the Richmond wood turning and pen turning community. As one of our younger members he brings a nice energy, many ideas and visions of an exciting future. Us old timers are in good hands.

Welcome Michael!
No need to tell you that you are in the money maker for pens - fountain pens!
There are a wide spectrum of users here, from newbie/neophyte to professional. You can contribute and I am sure there are many here that probably can help with their vast experience.

I have watched people come to this forum as a neophyte and quickly move to professional level with their own business.

Welcome.
Thanks so much, Hank!

As I read your dissatation I felt this pen means so much to you and it means a great deal to me as a viewer. Welcome from cold Canberra.

Turning with inspiration is the way to go,loved your approach and workmanship.

Peter.
Thank you so much for this, Peter. You're spot on and I'm thrilled to hear that the significance spoke to you as well.

Always nice to get a welcome from Down Under!

Please stay safe.

Welcome to IAP Michael. I've known Michael for a few years as a member of the Richmond wood turning and pen turning community. As one of our younger members he brings a nice energy, many ideas and visions of an exciting future. Us old timers are in good hands.
Now I've got to live up to this!
Loved "Us old timers are in good hands." XD
You know I'm up to the challenge.
Thanks so much, Bruce!

Welcome aboard Michael. Your work is great, and you have done an excellent job branding yourself.
I appreciate that, Darrin! Building the brand has definitely been the most difficult part of this journey up to this point, but it's also what's brought the success and notoriety we've had so far.
I'm glad to be connected to you and this community!

Top Bottom