Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lokthelok

Hello all,

I am reasonably new to pen turning. Have been looking at it for a few years, but only recently finished my first pen. Pen turning is a part of my larger hobby of machining and building things (to solve problems). I have a Hercus 260 lathe, Bridgeport clone mill, and a Prusa i3 3D printer which make up my arsenal of tools. By day, I'm an electronics test engineer. I'm certainly more of a technical person than an artistically skilled person!

Currently, I'm interested in fountain pens with several I use regularly. I bought some Kaweco replacement feed sections and ink converters to build into pens. My first pen (below) uses a Bock feed from a Stilform INK pen that fell apart and is machined from brass stock. I designed and modeled the pen in Fusion 360, then made a technical drawing to machine from and spent a few days in the shed bringing it to life. With the pen complete, I thought I ought to give it a home, so I got out the small amount of leatherworking gear I have and made a pouch from some veg tan Kangaroo hide. I'm now designing version 2 which is largely the same but solved some of the aesthetic 'problems' and should make machining a little more straightforward. Perhaps I'll make another post in Show Off Your Pens before I get too carried away here.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Lachlan ! . Warm welcome to IAP ! . :) . Whereabouts in Australia ? . I lived in Adelaide .

You say ... " Perhaps I'll make another post .... " ...... Am looking forward to your next, etc., etc.

TDahl

Hi Lachlan,

Welcome from California. Beautiful work on the pen and the pouch. Thank you for sharing.

David350

Welcome, I see now that I will not be posting any pens I've ever made as you have set the bar pretty high for someone just starting out :). Beautiful pen!!!

Top Bottom