First segmenting attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Eloquent Idiot

A very good friend of mine just got engaged so I made him and his fiancée a set of matched pens as an engagement present. I've not attempted any segmenting prior to this and though there are a couple small defects (so small they don't show up in pictures) I learned a lot and am happy enough with the result I thought I would share them.
Thanks to @greenmtnguy for the cocobolo and @Benpen for the double-dyed maple burl.
E4562076-E25C-4886-AAA0-A2D7CA44B54E.jpeg
6EEA2306-2DCD-4722-8CAE-6CDF0D521AF5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

I know I'm preaching at a choir convention, but hand-made custom gifts to celebrate life's milestones really hit the mark. And these pens are gorgeous! I like the choices you made and how you call attention to the dyed maple. The green, specifically, jumps out in a way that's interesting. Thanks for sharing!

@studioseven its actually aluminum. Turner's warehouse sells sheets of aluminum sandwiched around black plastic which adds a nice effect. I know others have done similar things with old hotel cards and the like.

Thanks all! They were very well received - My friend is already talking about getting some kind of display to put on his desk for his pen so I know what to make for his birthday...

Top Bottom