Different style of bandsaw box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneryan65

wayneryan65

I used my blanks from my "Reincarnated Wood" to create Dr. Seuss inspired bandsaw boxes. The Green one is buckeye burl with alumilite and the purple is Maple burl with alumilite. I really couldnt find a style of bandsaw boxes I liked so I made up my own style. I think they came out pretty good

Attachments

• Dr. Suess Green.jpg
    Dr. Suess Green.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,923
  • Dr. Suess Green2.jpg
    Dr. Suess Green2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 767
  • Dr. Suess Green3.jpg
    Dr. Suess Green3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Curved chest.jpg
    Curved chest.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6,163
  • Curved chest4.jpg
    Curved chest4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3,269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are really good looking boxes... great design and workmanship.

Bandsaw boxes are on my bucket list... there's a fellow that used to have a shop here in Tellico Plains that I always made a point to visit just to look at his boxes... he's long since moved out of town, but I was always inspired by his work... haven't tried them yet, still working on getting my turning better, but they're on the list.

That is what I call creative...whacky and wild! Can you tell us the approximate size? Did you cut them with a band saw or a scroll saw? Those are some pretty tight turns.
Great job!

I cut them on my Jet 14" bandsaw using a 3/16' 4 TPI rake blade. The sizes range from 4 7/8" tall to 6" tall and 2 1/2" wide to 5 1/2" wide. They were a real joy to make and a lot of hand sanding. Good thing I don't have arthritis.

Back
Top Bottom