Cartridge Pen Contest Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

So far, I have only seen three that stayed with the theme of Red, White and Blue.

Too bad for the rest of you, LOSERS. You have nice pens, just wrong threme.

I thought before being allowed to talk trash, one had to submit an entry of a cartridge/casing pen done with either a 30-06 or a 308 casing could I be wrong as usual??I mean it has to be a real pen!! no body said any thing about using .221 casings or .762x39 at least at he onset of this contest.

Last edited:

bitshird

OK I'm also going to donate a prize, the prize will be a Woodchuck made just for pens, I don't have any pictures of this tool because it's really not a production model, the tool body is 6 inches long 8-1/2 over all it can use a square cutter or a radius, it will come with the radius cutter. I'll try and get a picture of one up in a few days,

THarvey

I thought before being allowed to talk trash, one had to submit an entry of a cartridge/casing pen done with either a 30-06 or a 308 casing could I be wrong as usual??I mean it has to be a real pen!! no body said any thing about using .221 casings or .762x39 at least at he onset of this contest.

Ken,

My pen was made with a 30-06.

But thanks for reminding everyone.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
2nd entry

OK , here it is . The definate winner of something ! :redface: Bring it on !:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 148

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Woohoo, that looks good Charles, that didn't take you long (faster than a speeding bullet!)
Thanks Fred LOL , in a hurry to do other duties , I failed to mention where this one came from . I did , over in the SOYP forum . Thanks very much Fred . The blanks and kits are great .

workinforwood

You are somewhat correct Ken. You must use at least the front 3/4 long section of a 30/06 or 308 somewhere in your pen. If you add additional cartridges of other types into the mix, then it's fine! Thanks for the new prize pack too!!! :eek:

Cav...yea, good luck with all the sifting through this thread!!! In the end..you'll figure it out. That's why you're the director!

CaptG

OK, OK, OK, I get back from a couple weeks at the boat and see all the crap that has been posted and decide to make a "quick" entry. So after 20 minutes of my time (not counting the 90 minutes it was curing in the toaster oven while I did other things in the shop[multi tasking]) here it is. Picture point out and picture point in, done by twisting the 30-06 case on the other end of the pen. Would you believe me if I said I was a noob at cartridge pens? I am drooling over Johnnycnc's prize package. OK, I thought not, sigh.

Attachments

• contest pen.jpg
    contest pen.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 240
  • contest pen 001.jpg
    contest pen 001.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 195

CaptG

OK, it has been 22 hours and no comments from the peanut gallery. This pen must be way better than I gave it credit for and and has all you wanna be's attempting to get your brains in gear (good luck with that) to figure out how to beat it , or just give up.

bitshird

Gary the pen's OK it's just your a nice guy and no body wanted to hurt your feelings :wink::wink: What happened to the Red White and Blue theme, I busted my hump working on unnatural nasty material to make a pen that was Red Whit and Blue so did a couple other poor chumps, we get Rockets wit perverted monkeys, Commie Russian jet's Rockets with out perverted monkeys by the way did he spank \his monkey while making that rocket?? Jeez what a strange bunch of stuff.

Boo Hoo I dont see no Red, White N Blue :crying::crying: In the spirit of patriotism I resubmit this pen, all my monkeys were on other assignments so "Porky" is gonna have to handle this one. Whats more American than pork and missiles!! For all U animal lovers out there I make the following statement, "NO Pigs were harmed during the Photo Shoot for this pen!! "

1_Rocket_pig.jpg

Last edited:
Gary, Nice Pen Holmes, don't mind Kens comments, hes got Red, White and Blue on the brain for some strange twisted reason only he can describe. Everybody whos anybody knows that Bullets, pigs and missiles made this country great :tongue:

Rollerbob

Ken, I'm so with you on the Red, White & Blue theme. :usflag: Don't let these bullies tell you any different! Jelousy has raised its' ugly head.:thunder: Hang in there , buddy!!:highfive:

bitshird

Boo Hoo I dont see no Red, White N Blue :crying::crying: In the spirit of patriotism I resubmit this pen, all my monkeys were on other assignments so "Porky" is gonna have to handle this one. Whats more American than pork and missiles!! For all U animal lovers out there I make the following statement, "NO Pigs were harmed during the Photo Shoot for this pen!! "

1_Rocket_pig.jpg
30-06-RWB2.jpg
Well this is just one of the real Red White an Blue cartridges, between your Pig and Bruce's Monkey, I think we need to open a petting zoo instead of a pen contest, by the way you didn't catch that poor piggy while wearing rubber boot's did you? I don't think Y'all got many sheep round there do ya?

30-06-RWB2.jpg
Well this is just one of the real Red White an Blue cartridges, between your Pig and Bruce's Monkey, I think we need to open a petting zoo instead of a pen contest, by the way you didn't catch that poor piggy while wearing rubber boot's did you? I don't think Y'all got many sheep round there do ya?

Ken, What are you some kind of animal hater :eek: OK, Here goes the trash talk so don't take the following statement personally, I think your pen should win first place IF this was the "Slingshot Ammo Contest" instead of the "Cartridge Pen Contest" You could snap it in half and have two entry's :)

bitshird

Ken, What are you some kind of animal hater :eek: OK, Here goes the trash talk so don't take the following statement personally, I think your pen should win first place IF this was the "Slingshot Ammo Contest" instead of the "Cartridge Pen Contest" You could snap it in half and have two entry's :)

You Connecticut Yankees ain't never gonna change are ya! First Y'all burned Atlanta,:mad: then made us pick our own cotton,:frown: now you wanna shoot us our pork chops fat back and bacon with guided missiles :eek: Will the atrocities never end? As for Bruce he's gonna have to deal with his monkey his own self, We don't beat no monkeys around here!!:tongue:
By the way Why aren't you at work??

CaptG

Monkey spanking, pigs on rockets, other things I just can not repeat here, I am going back to the boat. But am taking laptop to keep up with this great stuff.

wudnhed

This is a cartridge pen, almost pure cartridge. It WAS NOT made by me :frown: but by one of our members :cool::wink:, (I asked permission to submit):). I added the RW&B tape just so some of you won't bash too badly:eek:. Its too hot outside for me to turn anything so I had to "borrow" what was here:redface:. If anything is won, it will be donated:biggrin:.

cart.jpg

bitshird

Becca that's a neat pen, nice thing is it looks like a cartridge WOW I've seen one done like that by Les from Red Deer at least I think that's his name, he does a lot of real cool stuff with cartridges,

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Cartridge Pen

A cartridge pen contest? What a great idea!!! My entry is made from two Hewlett-Packard cartridges, yellow and magenta. I"m so excited~!!:biggrin: I hope I win!!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Cartridge pen.JPG
    Cartridge pen.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 260

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think the winner is 'clear':biggrin: My final entry, back to work tomorrow:frown:

Something a little different, a dipper casing pen and ink well.
100% USA material too!!!! No Oriental kit bits here!!!:biggrin:
Clear resin from Wisconsin ( PR Princess )
30.06 Casing via Wisconsin ( PR Princess and Ed )
Dip nib from Washington ( DC Bluesman.)
Ink well brass band from K & N Metals Chicago:biggrin:

Edited; Changed the base and put some grooves in the lip of the well to hold the pen:biggrin:

Attachments

• Dipper5.jpg
    Dipper5.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I think the winner is 'clear':biggrin: My final entry, back to work tomorrow:frown:

Something a little different, a dipper casing pen and ink well.
100% USA material too!!!! No Oriental kit bits here!!!:biggrin:
Clear resin from Wisconsin ( PR Princess )
30.06 Casing via Wisconsin ( PR Princess and Ed )
Dip nib from Washington ( DC Bluesman.)
Ink well brass band from K & N Metals Chicago:biggrin:
Now that's original. Who would have thought you could make a dip pen from a casing.:)

bitshird

Steven That really is unique, I am amazed at your creative genius, you and the catman are absolutely great. Also thanks for clearing something up for me, I have wondered if PR Princess's resin would work as a clear, I thought it would now I can try labels.
Sir I salute you

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Not only does the pen and inkwell look great Steve, but I especially like how Dip goes with Skip!:rotfl:

LOL, you are so sharp, you better be careful you don't cut yourself:biggrin:

Why are you up so early Jeff??? Did you wet the bed or something:confused:

Think I should change my nickname from Skiprat to Dumpster Dipper?:biggrin:

maxman400

OK I'll join in even though it's late in the game, this is my first cartridge pen I made it just a few days before the contest started so I hope it qualify's
it's a 30.06 with copper trim and Ancient Mars upper.

Attachments

• shell 009.jpg
    shell 009.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 195

maxman400

Blazing Bullet

YES YES YES I know it is COPY-RAT:smile-big:, but he has such great ideas!!! After I saw Skiprats version if this style pen this morning I remembered this piece of Molten Metal that I had in the shop that was just screaming for this pen.
So here it is, it has copper trim and a 30.06 case.

Attachments

• DSCF1539_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF1539_edited-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF1540_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF1540_edited-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 159

Rollerbob

"coming soon"

"The General"
at ease men, smoke if you got 'em!