Cabrollero Kit on Walnut and Cherry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Krudwig

Krudwig

Here is another segmented walnut and cherry with aluminum. This is the second one I've done the first was on a classic vintage kit. I've done cabinetry work and they say that a what separates a good carpenter from a average carpenter is the ability to fix your mistakes or disguise them. Well the same may be true for pen turners not that I'm saying I'm a good pen turner, but the center band on the lower barrel is a fix for the catch that I got from the aluminum flashing. I added the spalted piece after taking the skew to part off the catch and then after that the spalted piece was turned a piece of it came off, so I had to part it off and add another piece of walnut. So it took some fixin to complete the pen, but I like how it turned out.

Attachments

• image_zps41f5e793.jpg
    image_zps41f5e793.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 265
  • image_zpsaf3ae104.jpg
    image_zpsaf3ae104.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 270

tgsean

I do like how to combated all the issues you had and ended up making a pen you are happy with. Well done. Can I ask how thick is the strip of aluminium you use?

OZturner

Beautiful Segmented Pen, and Recovery, Larry.
Excellent Fit and Finish, with great alignment of the Aluminium on the Centre Line of the Pen.
I also like the little "Fiddly Bits"
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom