Another El Grande rollerball pen from PR casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Here's another El Grande rollerball made from one of my cast blanks from last weekend. This was the one that the first color setup before I could add the bronze.:rolleyes: You can see in a few places where I tried to stab the stick into the green to allow the bronze to penetrate a little.:wink:

Didn't get the color blend I had intended but I like it anyway! :)

Because of the way the bronze layer turned out I thought centering the clip over it was the best choice. What do you think ?

Attachments

• IMG_4710sm.jpg
    IMG_4710sm.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_4721sm.jpg
    IMG_4721sm.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 474
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I think you got the best out of it Lenny. That bronze strip looks like it's supposed to be there. Clip placement is spot on. The colors are crisp and vibrant, excellent casting and completion!

ctubbs

What a GREAT save, Lenny! That cast looks intentional and the clip placement is spot on. I really like the way the color separation works. I usually do not care for two tone pens, but that one really kicks, congratulations.
Charles

wizard

Lenny, Beautiful job! Don't change anything. Looks like it was made to be that way.
Your castings are awesome. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Lenny

Thanks for the kind comments. I am starting to like the streamlined El Grande .... it is at least a good kit to show off a blank. :)

I look forward to doing something again with the metalic bronze. I think that one has promse. :)

ToddMR

Lenny that is awesome! That front part of the pen looks like a lava flow. The middle section looks like lava flowing and the outter area the earth's crust haha. At least to me. I think you did a nice job!

Lenny

Lenny that is awesome! That front part of the pen looks like a lava flow. The middle section looks like lava flowing and the outter area the earth's crust haha. At least to me. I think you did a nice job!

Thanks Todd, I appreciate it! :)

Wish it would warm up here so I could do some more casting. :rolleyes:

firewhatfire

I have been thinking this was 2 diferent pens. That is a fine looking pen. Which kit is that as I have never turned one, to new to know what they all are.

Phil

Lenny

Phil, this is a Berea Streamline El Grande ... if you look up at post #12 in my response to Mike I gave a link to where they are on sale.

It is a little different in the methods THEY recommend in their instructions, however, once you disregard their methods of dealing with the two different sized tubes in the cap things go pretty well! :biggrin:

Top Bottom