2x6 Ambrosia Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MRDucks2

MRDucks2

Cut today to send to dalecamino and see what he can make of them. He liked the wood my little cup came from. While I like him OK, Ms. Jennifer adores him. So he gets free wood! 😁

I expect they will make some nice Hummingbird Houses.

0BAFFDF1-0BF1-4231-955B-62F9579152EE.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The adoration is mutual for both you and Ms. Jennifer equally. 😁 I can't wait to get these gorgeous pieces gold!

Not so sure they will all become Hummingbird Houses though. Thanks Ms. Jennifer! And you too Mike.;)

MRDucks2

Hummingbirds don't use houses, they are nest builders only.
Yep, I believe everyone who builds them knows that. I expect everyone who buys them does also. That's part of the fun!

Certainly anyone who knows anything about hummingbirds is aware. Especially if they have ever actual seen how cool a hummingbird nest is in real life.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I did sell one to an old classmate who saw a picture, and asked if I sell them? I said yes ma'am. She did not know this until I delivered it, and she said her sister was going to hang it in a tree in her backyard, and watch for Hummingbirds to move in. I politely told her it was simply an ornament, and it was highly unlikely that Hummingbirds would ever build a nest in it. I also apologized if I was misleading, and told her she was under no obligation to continue with the purchase. She said "I want it anyway" and she wants another one. Next time I post a picture, I will be sure to be more specific about the Ornament part.

MRDucks2

Now that you mention it, I have seen some video I which the maker was being very serious about the hole size and depth for the hummingbird. I figured he was just being satirical but he could have well been either misleading or unaware himself, I suppose.

Top Bottom