All to give away...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Screen out of the top of a poly rain water tank

FINELY...! I was wondering if I had to "spell it out"...!:biggrin:

Congrats Dave, you completed question -3, you worked hard on it too...!

Damn JD, you are just 15 minutes too late mate...!

This item is something that comes with every plastic rain water tanks, in fact, even the galvanized and concrete tanks, now come with one of these...!

So simple huh...???

Thank you again, for all those that participated so far, is more to come...!

Dave, I will send you a PM with some info.

Now that question 3 is wrapped up, and continuing on the subject area of pen turning/making, lets go to the next question...!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Question - 4

*- On the picture attached next, 032.JPG I'm showing "something" that has as specific purpose, what is it and what am I replacing...???

Good luck,
Cheers
George

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

You replaced several sheets of micro mesh by cutting several sheets of sandpaper to various sizes and stapling them together to be able to go through the grits without having to look at the number on each peice. .

Dan Masshardt

Hey, hey Mister Dave, you already got your box of blanks, to make if fair to everyone else, I can only allow 1 box per member, sorry...!

There will be many other opportunities...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

So how does it work as a flap with the longest peice at front? Wouldn't only that one peice of sandpaper contact the work peice?

DaveTTC

Hey, hey Mister Dave, you already got your box of blanks, to make if fair to everyone else, I can only allow 1 box per member, sorry...!

Cheers
George

Give it to Dan ;)

Can I still play for the fun of it and ill give any wins to the person who posts immediately after me so long as they too have not already won.

Last edited:

robutacion

Cheers
George

So how does it work as a flap with the longest peice at front? Wouldn't only that one peice of sandpaper contact the work peice?

I think you are a little confused, DaveTTC got question 3, reason why I posted that post.

As for the flap disc replacement possibility, you are correct, it could never work, unless the sanding surfaces where back to front, there is, the sanding surfaces be facing the way the sandpaper back is, in the picture.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Ok so I'm wrong, can I still play and if I do win donate my win to the next post after me?

Oh mate, you like to complicate things, huh...???

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to participate/play, I have to say no, to put everyone on the same level and make people think by themselves.

I don't thing that others would appreciate your idea either so, and please don't be offended but, I would prefer that the winners of any question to seat back and enjoy the show, only...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: to everyone,
After a Prize has been awarded, I will require a minimum of 24 hours before the next prize is awarded, any correct answers given in that period of time, will have to wait for confirmation until then, as you will understand...! (1 prize/box per day):)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

This item is something that comes with every plastic rain water tanks, in fact, even the galvanized and concrete tanks, now come with one of these...!

So simple huh...???

Now that question 3 is wrapped up, and continuing on the subject area of pen turning/making, lets go to the next question...!

Question - 4

*- On the picture attached next, View attachment 96163 I'm showing "something" that has as specific purpose, what is it and what am I replacing...???

Good luck,
Cheers
George
Not so simple if you don't need to keep a rain water tank around.

robutacion

So simple huh...???

Question - 4

*- On the picture attached next, View attachment 96163 I'm showing "something" that has as specific purpose, what is it and what am I replacing...???

Good luck,
Cheers
George

Very true however, for someone with such a long life longevity, as yourself, I'm surprised that you never seen on of these, in a water tank...! oh well, now you know, we learn something new everyday, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

pen sanding/finishing fine grit sandpaper, to replace micro mesh

Congratulations John, 9 minutes the question lasted, that's a record for me...!:eek:

Yes, this is my take for the wet and dry pen barrels/samples sanding, instead of the common Micro-mesh pads, there are 7 grits, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 and 2500 strips, stapled in this order. To make for easy use, particularly after the sandpaper has been soaked in the water container for days (very soft), the strips are cut at their end (grabbing end) in stepped formation, this allow for the next grit to be selected/used with easy, instead of fighting with a bunch of sandpaper strips, all stuck together...!

I will send you a PM shortly with some info...!:)

Thank you for those that gave it a go...!

So, now that question - 4 as been answered, lets see how long before someone gets the next one...!

Question - 5

*- On the top of my bandsaw table here, 003.JPG I have "something", marked with a white arrow, this "thing" has 2 main functions however, 1 of those functions is the main reason why I created this "thing", what are the 2 functions, and which one is the primary/most important one...???

Remember, every question is related some how, with pen turning/making...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

David Keller

Looks like a rack/sled to keep wet wood off the steel of the table and also a way to mark a piece if wood for a consistent width cut while processing. Not sure which is primary?

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

So simple huh...???

Question - 4

Good luck,
Cheers
George

Very true however, for someone with such a long life longevity, as yourself, I'm surprised that you never seen on of these, in a water tank...! oh well, now you know, we learn something new everyday, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George
I've always lived where we had a well and didn't catch rainwater.

robutacion

Sorry Chris, that is incorrect...!:frown:

Well, there are still another 5 or 6 boxes of these blanks to give away but, it seems that, there is no interest so I will be closing this thread if I get 72 hours (3 days) without any answers.

You snooze, you loose...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

JDennis

Primary use is to push wood thru the bandsaw, teeth bite into wood holding it steady to saw accurately and safely, second purpose is to dry wood on.

JDennis

Is it used to mark slabs prior to cutting? 2nd use is to drive other members is IAP nuts cause we do not know what it is for?

teamtexas

Primary use is to hold round blanks in position for them to be cut with an overhead router/cnc machine.

Secondary use is to hold logs while milling lumber.

:)
Dan

teamtexas

George, If you don't get a sucessful answer maybe you could move on to the next question and come back to this one in the end.

Nobody likes a closed thread!:)

Dan

robutacion

It's not thet there's no interest. Just that you have some crazy gadgets we don't know what they are. :)

G'day Dan,

Some guesses are better than no guesses and being concerned how silly some of the answers may be/look, worry not, I have had already in this small challenge so absolutely amazing definitions/thoughts to what I show in the pics, many of them are in fact great other ways to get around a problem, not always the one in question but some how, applicable in many other cases.

As for the question -5, it was made for working with pen blanks, after they are cut to size, in fact, and almost in all questions, there "things" have been shown a few times in some of my pics I post on IAP, I understand that is easy to ignore the background and or anything else in part of the pic contents, this is one of the reasons why I believed that, people would be able to recognise these things and put 2 and 2 together...!

The other aspect of what I want to achieve with these type of simple challenges is to make people think/visualise and then provide them with some solutions to everyday problems among many of us, in the world of penturning/making. Not every gets awarded with a box of blanks but everyone gets awarded with the knowledge of learning something new, and in many cases, most needed...!

The clue for this evening, in part has been mentioned above furthermore, I can also say that has to do with the construction of some of my Resifills, that require that extra step, the very one that made be invent this rack, as the primary usage, the other is just a subsequence of the rack functionality...!:wink::biggrin:

Any closer, yet...!

Cheers
George

Justturnin

a paint rack to hold the blanks as you coat them before casting, holding rack to keep blanks in their place while prepping.......

bruce119

A prep. rack for building your blanks on a bamboo skew.

I can vision many other uses also.

As stated a drying rack,
Could set blanks on for inspection and numbering for identification,
A sled ? (I don't think so you got better tools for that)

I think the only thing this has to do with a ban saw is the blades.

I'm not trying to win just having fun playing
AND
Learning this opens your mind to other possibility's

thanks

robutacion

A prep. rack for building your blanks on a bamboo skew.

I can vision many other uses also.

As stated a drying rack,
Could set blanks on for inspection and numbering for identification,
A sled ? (I don't think so you got better tools for that)

I think the only thing this has to do with a ban saw is the blades.

I'm not trying to win just having fun playing
AND
Learning this opens your mind to other possibility's

thanks

G'day Bruce,

Yes, this open to lots of possibilities some already mention and possibly many more that I didn't even though about it but, no one got close to what this was built for, in the first place, the bandsaw blade teeth size and number, have a little to do with its use, too many small and close together teeth, wouldn't be ideal however anything over 2TPI would be just not good, the ones shown are 3TPI.

Well, you and everyone else should try to play to win, I'm certain that you could do with 8 of these nice Olive root blank, they are not something you see often on sale...!

You have certainly touched one of my main objectives, allow everyone to think out of the box in a creative way and learn something in the process, others may find my "suggestions" of great use to them or at least, something to keep in mind...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom