All to give away...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thrustmonkey

You use it to beat the hell out of your pen parts when they won't go together, and your big brother for all the times he picked on you when you were little.

robutacion

Question -2

Well, I found a winner Sully, congratulations.

I will send you a PM for the info necessary...!

There were close calls earlier but, no one stated the item the tool is used for/on.

002.JPG

There was also some good guesses of the secondary use of this tool, (pen disassembling mallet) 003.JPG
that was done in about 5 minutes one day, when I had 3 molds poured with wood and resin and already setting when I was trying to tight the pot wing nuts, my wrists/hands were hurting too much (before the surgery on the Carpal tunnel on both hands) so, I got this "leverage tool" knocked out rough and fast, before the resin would set too hard for the pressure to push the resin in all small crevesses...!

Not a lot of thinking went into it but, it worked perfectly so well so that, I never made a better one, I use the original all the time.

Thank you to everyone that had a go, sorry to those that got very close but, I need the "correct" answers to award the prizes...!:)

So, now that Question -1 is completed, let's go to;

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Question - 2

These 2 items (2 pics attached) are used in conjunction/together on something, what is it and why...??? 008.JPG 004.JPG

Just remember what I said on the opening post "All questions asked, are directly or indirectly involved with pen turning/making."
Good luck...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

GaryMGg

The steel rod punches the hole out of the paper towel to create a CA applicator.
The empty cut CA bottle keeps drips off the ways when applying it to the applicator.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The pipe cuts the hole out of the paper towel and the towel is then used to protect hands and equipment when resin is poured from the cup.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Tough one! I'm going to take a shot in the dark! :)

The paper towel with the hole is the part you use - not the circles...

You're the world's messiest CA applicator, and like to apply it at Mach 12, so the paper towel with the hole in the middle goes on the spindle to keep CA off the spindle threads, and the plastic thingie goes on the livestock for the same reason...?

David Keller

I think maybe you put four holes of the towel over the four spikes on the plastic then use the whole thing to house another glue bottle... Keeps the drips from making it to your fingers.

thrustmonkey

Since both these pics were taken in the future, I'm afraid a correct answer would throw off the space/time continuum, thus causing a tear in the universe.

robutacion

Since both these pics were taken in the future, I'm afraid a correct answer would throw off the space/time continuum, thus causing a tear in the universe.

Hahahaha, some say that Australia is back to front so, in here the time is read in days - month - year so the pictures were taken on the 12thday of the 5thmonth of the year of 2013, capich...???:wink::biggrin:

Well DaveTTC, we use metric up here also but, the CA was purchased from the US and over there oz's are used more commonly than anything else, so, when I try to identify the bottle in question, I use the info that is on the bottle, which also say 227.2g. Taller than a coke can but a little narrower...!:)

Now, I'm not going to do this often but, I understand the degree of difficulty of my question so, I'm going to add one more picture, in it I have some info so, make the best of it...!

IAP question 2 pic.jpg

Cheers
George

DaveTTC

Your in the Adelaide hills ? Yeah, my uncle has a property near tally ho lodge.

I was from Adelaide once upon a time. You got me thinking on this one.

It is for application the towel with holes or to soak up drips. Going on evenness of discolouration I'd say application.

The four notches in the plastic appear to be a stand which can be used in either direction to hold a blank across the top.

pinelumber

guess

you put the paper through the mandrel against the headstock to keep the lathe clean. You use the plastic bottle to cut the hole in the paper.

Dennis
Pine lumber:bananen_smilies104::RockOn:

JDennis

OK, the paper towel is used to reduce glue or finish spin offs, the plastic container probably has a hole in the bottom also, fits over the chuck or collet to keep it clean as well.

Top Bottom