All to give away...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

OK so, I have a box with a "few" Olive wood root blanks that I will be giving away, in small 500gr boxes/bags (7 to 8 blanks).

014.jpg

They are the first batch from my large Olive root dismantling shown here, I cut them at 22+mm square but, they didn't behave (no Olive wood on any kind, does...!) so they shrunk and curled a lot more than I was expected however, they are every bit of amazing grains...!:)

Interestingly, they all come from the same "chunk" and most other chunks didn't miss behave as badly (from what I can see from the bungles/drying towers) so, I salvage what I could that could still be made into a pen and put the "screw making blanks" in the firewood box...!

There are some shorts but most are full size, there is, the closest I could to my normal sizes but, while the length didn't suffer too much, the square(ish) size is now between 17 and 19mm, not ideal to make big/fat pens but, most suitable for many kits out there.

Anyone can have 1 (one) box only per person, the only 2 conditions are;

*- 1- You give the correct answer to the question asked...!

*- 2- You pay for freight/shipping from me to you (Paypal)

I should have enough for about half a dozen boxes/bags so, plenty to go around...!

After the question is made, you can give as many answers as you like, I will only post once a day (evening, Australia SA time) with a confirmation of either, no correct answer yet or, a winner has been found. Only after that, I will post the following question/guess, for the next box/bag.

When they are all gone, I will consider what to do...!:wink::biggrin:

All questions asked, are directly or indirectly involved with pen turning/making.

So, let the fun begin...!

Question 1 - What is this (the piece over the log) used for...??? 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

UPDATE on "Giveaway" status;

*- Question - 1 (answered) Sully

*- Question - 2 (answered) Tim'sTurnings

*- Question - 3 (answered) DaveTTC

*- Question - 4 (answered) johncrane

*- Question - 5 (answered) teamtexas

*- Question - 6 (answered) TLTHW

*- Question - 7 (answered) jyreene

*- Question - 8 ( in play )

*- Question - 9 ( available)

*- Question - 10 ( available)

Any more...????, undetermined yet...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Jim Smith

I agree with Rich. I think that it is a type of a shingle brake that allows you to safely hold the blade that splits the logs into a manageable size that you can then cut into blanks.

Jim Smith

DonPalese

My official answer ....

I believe this to be a simple, non-electric, non-computerized, Boomerang launcher.

Don in Medford, OR

Scruffy

I think Chris is close ..

It is the final alignment tool for either the Live or the Dead centers (+/- .005). The taped handle is shimmed with tape for precise alignment. The newer versions use a hex screw to bring it in closer.

Tim'sTurnings

I think it is a "persuader bar" for assisting in turning on and off a tap. Possibly in an oilfield setting or a water tap on a windmill water pump?
Tim.

robutacion

Well people, there are a few close calls however, no one has yet said correctly, what that "thing" is use on, primarily (yes, there is a second used for it...!)

Take notice that I clearly stated that, whatever this is used for, has to do with pen making...!

Lets get this one wrapped up folks...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom