WORST Day in History.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I am SOOOOOOOOO Glad yesterday is over.

My mom had her gall bladder removed last week. No big deal... She went home and was writhing in pain for two or three days. Several trips back and forth to the hospital (1 hour drive one way for me) they finally realized they clipped her bile duct, and now she has bile leaking into her insides. So they admit her and schedule another surgery to fix the problem. Well they gave her some medicine that made her halucinate. Not the Psylicyben cubensis (SP) kind of halucinate, but more like the "These people are trying to kill me" kind of trip.

After dealing with that, and her saying a bunch of things to me that i can only hope was the meds, I was pretty drained.

Back at the house, My daughter takes her full grown, very pregnant female Pit Bull outside to use the restroom. She runs straight to the trash can where the big momma skunk happens to be rummaging for food. YES! straight to the face with the spray!

To top that off, My son in law gets a call from back home. Apparently his step grandfather was usng a circular saw. Without getting too graphic, he suffered an injury that he will not likely recover from.

horrid horrid day. I am so glad to have a fresh start today!

My mom is doing better. She isn't "tripping" anymore, and has calmed down. The skunk smell is (mostly) gone. And we are waiting for an update on the step grand-dad.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
When it rains it pours.
I'll keep your mom and the granddad in my prayers. You and you daughter will have to deal with the dog.

KenBrasier

The Good Lord dosen't give us more than we can handle. In His eyes you must have very broad shoulders. Best wishes and I hope today is much brighter for you and your family.

JimMc7

Bummer -- best wishes for better luck!

Can't help with the other issues, but I saw a PBS show on skunks recently and wrote down their suggested recipe for neutralizing the skunk odor (I have a boxer who thinks every person/animal is a new "friend" for him to play with so figure I'll need this someday :rolleyes:):

Source is PBS show Nature shown in my area February 28, 2010:

1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon detergent

Mix OUTSIDE as strong odors/pressure could develop. Drip mixture on dog, keeping away from eyes, and let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse with water after.

Tomato juice only masks the odor -- does not eliminate it according to PBS/Nature experts.

I've never used this so no claims how well it works.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Ron hopefully all is better. I can definetly testify about tripping on meds in the hospital. When I had my last surgery my dad told me I was cussing everyone out in the room( I don't remember a thing).

RAdams

Banned
Well it is all getting better!

Evidently it wasn't a skill saw.. It was an angle grinder. From what we are hearing, it pretty much exploded in his hands and shot the grinder disc straight into his stomach. He had to have surgery and what have you, but he will make a full recovery.

My mom is doing much much better. And of course she doesnt remember a thing. Her surgery went good to repair her stomach and she is feeling much much btter. not near as much pain.

I actually already knew about the secret skunk odor killer mix. IT WORKS! EVERYBODY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT! I didnt mention earlier that this is the THIRD TIME this same dumb dog has been sprayed. She just wants to go say hello to the critters. She means no harm, but none of them want to play with a 40 pound female Pit Bull dog.

I even managed to get a couple of hours shop time in today, and got a couple boxes in the mail and everything! Oh today was SOOO much better than yesterday!

Padre

You are in my prayers, as in your Mom.

That formula for skunk odor works really good. I know. :wink:

el_d

Glad things are better for you and yours.....

Psylicyben cubensis? :confused: Aint that the stuff I got growing in the bull pen???

RAdams

Banned
probably! From what i understand, they grow in cow patties so it is quite possible! You should run out there and eat a couple of em and let us know what happens!!!:eek::biggrin: (THAT WAS A JOKE... Eating the wrong wild mushrooms can and will KILL YOU)

RAdams

Banned
At first I thought your daughter got sprayed.

That woulda been just flat out FUNNY! She surely woulda earned a new nickname from that one!!! (I like to give my kids nicknames to remind them of the stupid things they do... My oldest daughter is sometimes known as "NairLip"!)

PenMan1

I'll pray for your mother and son-in-law's grandfather. Prayer won't help the dog as much as a bath in tomato juice and vinegar. Hang in there Ron, it will get better.

CabinetMaker

I am SOOOOOOOOO Glad yesterday is over.

My mom had her gall bladder removed last week. No big deal... She went home and was writhing in pain for two or three days. Several trips back and forth to the hospital (1 hour drive one way for me) they finally realized they clipped her bile duct, and now she has bile leaking into her insides. So they admit her and schedule another surgery to fix the problem. Well they gave her some medicine that made her halucinate. Not the Psylicyben cubensis (SP) kind of halucinate, but more like the "These people are trying to kill me" kind of trip.

After dealing with that, and her saying a bunch of things to me that i can only hope was the meds, I was pretty drained.

Back at the house, My daughter takes her full grown, very pregnant female Pit Bull outside to use the restroom. She runs straight to the trash can where the big momma skunk happens to be rummaging for food. YES! straight to the face with the spray!

To top that off, My son in law gets a call from back home. Apparently his step grandfather was usng a circular saw. Without getting too graphic, he suffered an injury that he will not likely recover from.

horrid horrid day. I am so glad to have a fresh start today!

My mom is doing better. She isn't "tripping" anymore, and has calmed down. The skunk smell is (mostly) gone. And we are waiting for an update on the step grand-dad.
After a day like that, your avatar pic seems perfect. I am sorry you had such a bad day but God never sends us more than we can deal with. You must have strong shoulders! God Bless.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
probably! From what i understand, they grow in cow patties so it is quite possible! You should run out there and eat a couple of em and let us know what happens!!!:eek::biggrin: (THAT WAS A JOKE... Eating the wrong wild mushrooms can and will KILL YOU)
Seriously, if you don't know what type of mushroom it is, don't eat it.....stick to peyote buttons, they are much safer.:biggrin:

Gin N' Tonic

I actually already knew about the secret skunk odor killer mix. IT WORKS! EVERYBODY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!

Glad to hear that your mom is doing better, Grandpa to......

I have an even better skunk odor eliminator. It's a Smith & Wesson 629 stealth hunter with some flying ashtray's. :eek:

Top Bottom