windows 10 help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I have a computer I use once a year for doing my taxes. I tried installing one of the Turbo Tax programs I use and got this error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found"

or this one:

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found"

Is there a fix or do does it need to go to the repair shop?

Thanks for any insight or help.
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

There are plenty of potentials here unfortunately.

One of the most likely is that the program needs an additional bit of code (Visual C++) to install.
Though this is unexpected because those libraries are generally either bundled with the application or come with the operating system itself, which makes me wonder if there are other issues involved here.

In an overabundance of caution, a) verify that you have the latest version of Turbo Tax, b) it's come from a legitimate source, c) it claims that it is still good on Windows 10 (very, very unlikely that is it not, but it's worth checking) and d) that you have fully patched Windows.

After all that, the next thing to try would be to download the libraries from here : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
Odds are you will want the X64 version under the Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 section. But depending on your hardware you might need the X86 version.

And standard disclaimer, installing libraries like this have a (very, very) small chance of causing issues on systems that are already having trouble, back up your files, no warranties express or implied, yadda yadda yadda.

1709001306135.png

Top Bottom