What do you....................

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

....... do for a living, if you don't turn pens? Since we've had a "what do you look like" poll, I thought this might be interesting. :)

Legal Secretary here (starving graphics artist, old musician, but the first one is what pays (most of) the bills!)

Happy Thursday everyone,
Nancy

Dario

Currently an Application Programmer/Analyst...and wood scavenger LOL

Used to be a Construction Project Engineer and Construction Quality Control Engineer/Inspector.

Currently back in school to become a Real Estate Realtor [:D]

Paul in OKC

Machinist tool designer/builder by day.
Part time gadget maker.
Sometimes pen turner(pretty rare lately)
Professional scavenger (according to my wife), especially on big trash-uh, I mean treasure week [:D]

tipusnr

Management Analyst tracking payroll and maintenance statistics and trends. Also run a karaoke show which brings a little more than I spend on alcohol and disc(s)....kind of like my penturning.

LanceD

Build fishing rods and design and build bass fishing lures. Wholesale my rods and lures to sporting goods stores and exhibit at outdoor and boat shows.

vick

My current title is Database Administrator, before that I was an Application Systems Engineer. I usually just tell people computer geek.

its_virgil

A High School Mathematics Teacher and dept head. I've been teaching for 34 years, in the same school for 32 years and in the same room for 30 years...Oh yea, I'm retirng from teaching at the end of May.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

punkinn

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />A High School Mathematics Teacher and dept head. I've been teaching for 34 years, in the same school for 32 years and in the same room for 30 years...Oh yea, I'm retirng from teaching at the end of May.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, Don!

Well, lots of professionals... am I the only 'worker bee'? LOL

[:D][:I][:eek:)]

Nancy

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by punkinn
<br />
<br />A High School Mathematics Teacher and dept head. I've been teaching for 34 years, in the same school for 32 years and in the same room for 30 years...Oh yea, I'm retirng from teaching at the end of May.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Nancy

Nancy,

You just learned something valuable: Never go first!! [:D] BTW, I am in the US Public Health Service as a Bureau of Prisons dentist.

its_virgil

Thanks Nancy...now I must find a job to keep me busy and to fund more pen kits.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by punkinn

Nancy
[/quote]

wood-of-1kind

M.R.O. Coordinator before you ask (MRO=Maintenance Repairs,Operations). My job is to 'buy' stuff and maintain inventory levels to keep our woodworking machinery going and keep 1200 people employed.

-Peter-

JimGo

<br />...Oh yea, I'm retirng from teaching at the end of May.

THAT explains the cheery tone to Don's posts lately! [:D]

I'm a former computer geek and electrical engineer (yes, there is a difference, and yes, once it's in your blood it never gets out) turned intellectual property attorney. Although I have helped a wide variety of clients (solo inventors to Fortune 100 companies) protect their inventions, product designs, company names, logos, works of authorship, trade secrets, etc., I mostly focus on obtaining patents on inventions in the electrical engineering or computer science areas, and on enforcing patents (or helping my clients avoid infringement). It's actually a pretty fun job (most days). It's just too bad it eats into my woodworking time!

lwalden

Like Pete, I manage the geek division where I work (for the last 7 years). Prior to that I managed investment operations functions (Bond accounting, portfolio analysis, safekeeping and security clearance) for several correspondent banks for about 15 years.

PenWorks

Anybody want to buy a Auto / Home / Life insurance policy ?? [:D]
JK, the very first thing I tell new employees, we do not insure
Friends, Family or Relatives, makes life so much easier [:D]

I am truly disappointed Virgil beat me to retirement [V]
Congrats [:)] So is your class room going to be on the registrar for historical landmarks [:D]

woodman928

Had a woodworking business for 17 years making limited production furniture. Went back to work for an airlines as an AMT (air maintenance technician or better know as A&P mechanic) until an on the job injury and now disabled with pins and rods in back. I am working on Street Organs now in hopes I will get well enough to build and play them full time at Silver Dollar City in Branson but that looks to be a year or so away right now.
Jay

its_virgil

We are going to leave it intact and close if up and retire the room. I've been told that old teachers don't retire, they just lose their class...as if I ever had any[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I am truly disappointed Virgil beat me to retirement [V]
Congrats [:)] So is your class room going to be on the registrar for historical landmarks [:D]

its_virgil

Need any online math teachers?[8D]
Do a good turn daily'!
Don
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I suppose you could say I'm a geek manager as well. I'm the head of the online learning department for the Air Force Institute of Technology.

Daniel

Maintenance repair worker II for the state of Nevada. I do that for 8 hours a day so I have a steady income. after that I do everything from patching holes in drywall. to full blown additions to houses, landscaping, and other such construction like things.
Hope to start a small business in the next couple of years doing decorative landscape curbs and semless rain gutters. plan to help my kids stay employed with that idea. we'll see.

vick

Originally posted by lwalden
<br />Like Pete, I manage the geek division where I work (for the last 7 years). Prior to that I managed investment operations functions (Bond accounting, portfolio analysis, safekeeping and security clearance) for several correspondent banks for about 15 years.

I had to look up and make sure we did not work for the same bank. DO not want my boss knowing how much I post!

Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg

I run the family business

DWK5150

Stationary engineer for a large school district where Im in charge of a 210,000 sqft. building. Second job is engineer for hospital foundation where Im in charge of a off campus building complex. Makes it tough to get much of anything else done at times.

alamocdc

<br />Need any online math teachers?[8D]
Do a good turn daily'!
Don
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I suppose you could say I'm a geek manager as well. I'm the head of the online learning department for the Air Force Institute of Technology.
Sorry, Don, but 1) we don't and 2) my department takes care of the curricula, not the instruction. [;)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by woodman928
<br />Had a woodworking business for 17 years making limited production furniture. Went back to work for an airlines as an AMT (air maintenance technician or better know as A&P mechanic) until an on the job injury and now disabled with pins and rods in back. I am working on Street Organs now in hopes I will get well enough to build and play them full time at Silver Dollar City in Branson but that looks to be a year or so away right now.
Jay

An Ozarker. [:)] After more visits to SDC than I can count, now avoid. But would make a trip if you are performing. Sorry about pins and rods in back. Take care from Mountain Home, Arkansas

lwalden

No chance it could have been here, Vick, we block access to most sites (including the IAP)[8D][}:)]

Originally posted by vick
<br />
Originally posted by lwalden
<br />Like Pete, I manage the geek division where I work (for the last 7 years). Prior to that I managed investment operations functions (Bond accounting, portfolio analysis, safekeeping and security clearance) for several correspondent banks for about 15 years.

I had to look up and make sure we did not work for the same bank. DO not want my boss knowing how much I post!

Rifleman1776

Technically, I'm a professional PIA to my wife. Some call that retired, others call it retarded. Take yer pick. Former life was newspaper editor, retail store owner and cattle rancher. Since retardation have written two adventure novels, published poem and an essay, took up woodworking/turning and this addictive money-sucking habit of penturning. Anybody here a literary agent or editor for adventure novels?

Scott

I'm on Welfare!

Well, actually, I am Director of our County's welfare agency, but it's the same thing! [8D]

Scott.

Woodnknots

Active duty Navy Avionics Technician. Currently on instructor duty teaching Avionics "A" school, E-2C Hawkeye initial and advanced avionics, and Electrical Connector/Harness repair, among other things. Going back to sea duty in December. Currently looking for orders. Anyone in an east coast E-2 squadron that's looking for a few good AT's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom