Why I like EASTER (religious)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just walked out and saw the sunrise over the mountain at the back of my house. It reminded me of the hope that my Lord Jesus Christ gave to me when He arose from the grave that first Easter Sunday. It also reminded me that God gave us a sunrise to remind us that light has come into the darkness and banished it. What God did in the physical realm also happens in the life of the person who by grace through faith receives what Jesus did on Calvary's cross (His dark night) was for you personally. What looked like the end and a tragic defeat is in reality the triumph of a new beginning.

To all my friends at the IAP I pray that you will have a blessed Easter that goes beyond eggs, candy, bunnies, etc and truly rediscover the empty tomb. (which beleivers should do every Sunday.) And to those of you who have lost loved ones in recent and not so recent days; may the empty tomb of Christ bring you comfort and hope as you remember that He died so that we might live.
HAPPY EASTER

Saw this the other day and thought you might need it.
Every sunrise is God's way of saying LIGHTEN UP.

As I have always desired, if you have questions about what I have written please feel free to PM. I will reply as quickly as possible.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Pastor Bill,
I sat here and read this before the sun has risen in my part of the world. I will be out there to great it this morning. largely due to this post.
I will be spending a segnificant part of my day with my Jesus today. and your prayer is returned in kind. thanks for starting my day off with a great thought to focus on.
we have a little tradition in my church, our pastor likes to mention in his messages. "He has risen" the congregation is then supposed to reply "He has risen indeed" it comes from an early church greeting. born from the need to hide there belief from unbelievers and authoraties.
Happy Easter

Texas Taco

Pastor Bill,

As I sat here in my office this morning I watched the beautiful Sunrise we were BLESSED with in my neck of the woods this morning. Some of the same thoughts or at least some on the same line as what you wrote of were running thru my mind as I watched the light coming over the trees and clouds. It looks like it will be a beautiful morning and afternoon for those around here that are off to really enjoy their Easter Sunday.

clthayer

Alas! and did my Savior bleed?
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He Devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?

Was it for crimes that I have done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

Well might the sun in darkness hide,
And shut his glories in,
When Christ, the mighty Maker died
For man, the creatures sin.

But drops of grief can ne'er repay
The debt of love I owe;
Here, Lord, I give myself away
'Tis all that I can do.
Isaac Watts
Thank you Lord
That about says it for me[:)]

BigRob777

Wow, I found this late, but it really touched me. I wasn't able to be with my brothers and sisters on Easter, as I was in the air, on my way to California. What a bond we have in Jesus!!! I'm so glad I found this post.

Pastor Bill, you inspire me with your boldness.

Christian, wow, what a poem, or is it a hymn? Thanks you, I needed that.

In Him,
Rob

Paul in OKC

Awesome stuff, Pastor Bill. Ditto. I open the window over my kitchen sink every morning to see the sun rise as I do my morning Bible reading. The glory of His creation shouts His praise.
Thanks for the post.

Ron Mc

God works in mysterious ways! I really needed this at the moment and want to thank God for having Rob bring this thread back!
Thank-You.

woodwish

Bill, I read this back at Easter and was touched by it, but did not comment. Beautiful words and thoughts.

Every morning I get up, grab a cup of coffee, and go out in my hot tub for a half-hour before anyone else it up. It is my personal time to talk with God, plan my day, reflect on previous days, and think about the future. During the long days of summer the sun will come up during my hot tub time. Everyday as I see that sunrise I am reminded of the wonderful life I have and thank God for every minute of it. No matter how bad things may be during the night once the sun comes up it all seems better. Praise God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom