Watch Parts Pen - A Short Film

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Great video. As mentioned above, Questions I had were answered for me. I feel like I could try something like that now. I have a bunch of watch parts...what the heck. as soon as all the bowls and other things are finished, I may have to make some pens.

Rossi

Thanks all for the kind words. I used a Jr. Gent's II kit from CSUSA. I cobbled together almost all of the know how for this project from this very community. Glad to finally give something back, for all I've received.

KBs Pensnmore

Thanks for an enlightening video clip Rossi. A couple of questions if I may, what was the base coat, nail polish? enamel? and what was used to "glue" the clock bits on the tube.
Thanks once again,
Kryn

BSea

That was very helpful. :cool: I think all the questions I have, are asked by the previous posts. Good Job! :good:

But I don't think I could work that fast.:wink:

Rossi

Hi all - set forth below are the answers to your questions:

(1) I use nail polish enamel as the base paint (usually, I have to give it about 2 coats). I've also done some powder coating, and although it results is a very, very strong finish, it is less resistant to the CA glue which I used to affix the watch parts. Specifically, the CA glue leaves a white residue which is visible through the PR when I use a powder coated tube.

(2) I used medium CA glue from Rockler to affix the parts to the tube.

(3) I get my parts from a number of places, including on Etsy, Ebay and at Cas-ker, which is a jewelry supply company that sells watch parts by the bag full (Cas-Ker Jewelers Supplies). I also go to flea markets from time to time, but that's mostly to buy watch dials (which aren't ordinarily included in the bags of watch parts that I buy online).

-Rossi

Top Bottom