WALKINGSTICKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CV Wood

CV Wood

These walking sticks are a little different and were fun to make.

Wood , Diamon Willow
wk2.jpg

wood , Aspen
Copy of CR-V 002.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Very nice work CV! my dad use to make walking sticks out of what we call Crazy Willow the Willow had these mad tight curves and bends very very hard too snap! everyone called him the man with crooked stick!:rolleyes::biggrin:

CV Wood

When I started carving I was learning from books and trial and era. For quite a while it would take me two or three days to do a basic wind spirit in a walking stick. Then I order a how to DVD. The carver did a basic face in about an hour and half. It was the all in his technique. It took some practice but with in a short while I was able to complete the basic face in about the same amount of time. I am a big fan of good how to DVDs. Sadly there are some really bad ones out there and it is hard to tell if one is good until you have spent the money.

PaulDoug

When I started carving I was learning from books and trial and era. For quite a while it would take me two or three days to do a basic wind spirit in a walking stick. Then I order a how to DVD. The carver did a basic face in about an hour and half. It was the all in his technique. It took some practice but with in a short while I was able to complete the basic face in about the same amount of time. I am a big fan of good how to DVDs. Sadly there are some really bad ones out there and it is hard to tell if one is good until you have spent the money.

Would you mind telling the name of the DVD and where to get it. I'd be real interested. Like you, I have books, but like DVD's better.

Top Bottom