Updating rules during public discussion period

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

If I want to make a change to my rules (Blank Creation Contest) as a result of the public discussion to date, should I just post the change to the discussion thread? Or should I ask a Mike to modify the rules in the initial post? Or both? Or just wait until the public discussion period is over and make changes?

The change I want to make is to modify the length limitation and add some additional language about the contest photos. My preference would be to modify the rules now and post to the thread noting the changes. But if all the contest managers start doing this, it could be a lot of work for the Mikes. But if I am the only one looking at making a change, it wouldn't be so bad.

Mike or Mike, how do you feel about it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It might be worthwhile during the comment period to make changes notable. My suggestion would be to use the [strike]strikeout tags[/strike] on the text you're replacing. That will at least allow some tracking of the changes while people are reading the comments.

Just put the opening and closing strike tags around the text.

[strike]text to be strike-thru[/strike]

If that's a lot of trouble for no value, then just ignore me!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Actually the rules were posted in the AM forum just so we could make the changes as needed. I dont have a problem changing them. You could post your changes here with a note on where they go and what the change and Either of us will be happy to do it.

Ed McDonnell

Here are my rule changes. It's in a word document with deletions showing as red strikeout and insertions as blue underlined. If you want it in a different format, let me know.

Ooops. The forum won't let me attach a word document?? I guess you have to have Mike authority to do that.

Do you want me to email it to you or do something else?

Thanks

Ed McDonnell

Hi Mike - We are almost there.

Rule 5 should read as follows:

The blank should be turned round and be between 2 inches (50.8mm) and 2-1/2 inches (63.5mm) long and around 0.5" (12.7mm) in diameter. Longer blanks can either be cut to size for photos or you can crop the picture to show a two inch section of the longer blank (adhering to the photo guidelines below).

Line 1 - "Should" to "should" (lowercase s)
Line 1 - replace "approximately" with "turned round and be between "
Line 1 - insert "around" before 0.5"

How to enter 2:

Line 1 - the second strike tag around "first three" is missing a "t" and the tags show.
Line 2- No cap on "four"

Thanks Mike.

Top Bottom