Ugly Pen Contest - POST ENTRIES HERE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Fearing only the frying pan tRexx (the t is silent) is a pre historic, pen-eating predator. Men fear him women endear him. He exists comfortably in his natural environment but thrives among a large group of pen turners where ugly pens are present. His diet consists primarily of ugly pens and he can exist for very long periods after eating just one bypass pen or smurf pen. Though he frequently can be spotted at Home Depot he prefers to lounge on the deck. He can also be spotted around boat docks.

Introducing REXX

200719212040_TREXX1.jpg

200719212140_TREXX2.jpg

200719212216_TREXX3.jpg

Rexx has three center points in the body and his tail was shaped using a bandsaw, disk sander and drum sander.

Chuckie

chigdon

I am honestly not sure if I think tRexx should not be in the contest (i.e. not ugly) or should win the contest. I am on the fence. Regardless, it is a good idea -- unlike some of the entries here:D[}:)][:0]

Scott

Chuckie! It's - uh - nice!!! A simple, unadorned pen, shaped in the fashion of an ancient (and tasteless) talisman, and done in such an uninspiring dung-colored material! I particularly like the stylish "Bic", or is that Beak, slapped haphazardly on the schnoz of this beast! I would ask "what were you thinking", but it's clear that you thought way too much about this, so I'll change the question to just "WHY?" [:p]

Scott.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by angboy

Awww.... tREXX is so cute! I just want to take him home with me- it's a natural instinct when it comes to cute things! :D:D

Did I ever mention that I was once called cute? [}:)]

Of course it was more than 50 years ago!:(

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Let's see, the fish is cute.

Cav was cute.

Therefore, Cav is FISHY!!!! AND, he ADMITS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Yes, I did VERY well in Logic 101, but this does NOT apply here.

wdcav1952

Originally posted by ed4copies

Let's see, the fish is cute.

Cav was cute.

Therefore, Cav is FISHY!!!! AND, he ADMITS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Yes, I did VERY well in Logic 101, but this does NOT apply here.

ROTFL!!! Actually your logic is probably pretty accurate. [:I]

wdcav1952

Originally posted by Chuck Key

Ok, lets not start with the fish stories.

Cav remembers being being called cute more than 50 years ago.

Now that is a W H O P P E R!!!

Chuckie

Et tu <s>Brute</s>Chuckie?

You guys are hurting my back with all this ROTFL!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We would NOT want to hurt your back, Cav.

Now, the lower back, just above the legs................ WELL, yes, I wouldn't mind being a pain in the assets again!!!!:D:D:D
Hope the world is treating you well!!

angboy

Cav, I'll certainly take you home with me. And just ignore these bullies on the board, they're just jealous because they haven't been told they're cute:(, so I'm not taking any of them home with me[V], just you!:D:D

alamocdc

Okay, one more entry. I debated on whether or not to post this, but... It's a Rockler 2mm shop pencil (older version). I kept blowing the end up and trying to glue up contrasting woods at each slavage point. Somebody actually bought it (I was just using it in the shop), so...

200711112017_2mm_pencil_walnut2.jpg

gerryr

Gee, I don't know what to say Billy. It certainly doesn't qualify as cute. It is really odd.:D Was the person who bought using a white cane or maybe wearing plaid pants?

Snazzypens

Billy, were you afraid to be seen in amongst us ugly pen making people. LOL. but mate I give you points for perseverence with that one. Good on ya
Toni

angboy

Originally posted by Penmonkey

Originally posted by angboy

Cav, I'll certainly take you home with me. And just ignore these bullies on the board, they're just jealous because they haven't been told they're cute:(, so I'm not taking any of them home with me[V], just you!:D:D

I have had two girls say I'm cute in the last month.[:I]:D

Hhmmm... it's going to start getting crowded[:I] at my house... But Travis, unless I want the long arm of Fangar coming after me, I'm going to have to turn you away:(:(. Get back to me when you're legal to drink![:X]

And I can't remember- is your picture under what do you look like? If it is, then I could go look at it and tell you if those girls were right- but I'm sure they were!!! (Plus you've got an appealing hobby!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, PLEASE stop including photos in your quotes!!!

Would one of the mods please go through this topic and edit out the image tags inside quotes.

EDIT: I should say DON'T include a photo in the quote unless it is required to understand your post.

Thanks - Jeff

Divnbrian

Introducing the "Write N Brush!" No time to brush your teeth before you rush off to that important meeting? That's no longer a problem with the Write N Brush! Take notes AND brush your teeth at the same time! This could make me MILLIONS!!!.... or not

200711273639_WriteNBrush.jpg

toolcrazy

You be the judge!!

I was playing with dying wood with felt tip pens. Well, it didn't go so well. We have here a piece of curly maple (not a good piece) I use a blue magic marker on. Well, you see the result. Only good thing is the finish, that turned out great. My wife says it's gorgeous, I think it's ugly. So, if it's ugly then here's my entry. If it isn't, then here's a pen I did today. :D:D

200711543710_ugly_pen.jpg

Scott

Hey Steve! This is the UGLY pen contest, not the PRETTY pen contest! Your pen may be dark, morose, and suffer from fits of depression, but UGLY? I don't know . . . that will be for the judges to decide! :D

What does everybody else think?

Scott.

NCWoodworker

Originally posted by toolcrazy

You be the judge!!

I was playing with dying wood with felt tip pens. Well, it didn't go so well. We have here a piece of curly maple (not a good piece) I use a blue magic marker on. Well, you see the result. Only good thing is the finish, that turned out great. My wife says it's gorgeous, I think it's ugly. So, if it's ugly then here's my entry. If it isn't, then here's a pen I did today. :D:D

Hey! What the heck! I just made basically the same pen and was pretty excited about it...thought it turned out great! Hmm...maybe I'm learning about my lack of design capability :([B)][:0];):):D:D
Chris
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/628/medium/MathesPix_232.jpg &lt;-I'm just posting a link to keep from totally hijacking this thread :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Peanuts would be clever!!

Rotten peanut...........

Seems like there should be a dollar limit here, tho' I'm guessing she's got twenty bucks in CA glue holding that sucker together.

NICE job, Becca!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom