Turquoise and Ironwood Mesa Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Knotboard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Knotboard

What a great job he did on that pen.... Have you worked out an arrangement for time sharing of the lathe and tools???

Ha ha! Actually the oldest two (16 and 17) are out of town and so the 13-year-old is taking full advantage of the shop!

Knotboard

He did an awesome job. did you guys make the blank too?

Either-way, GREAT JOB.

Thanks! Yes, he designed and turned the blank himself! He didn't even get any advice from anyone, just showed up with the finished pen this morning!

Last edited:

Knotboard

His pen looks great, tell him "Well Done!". Not a bad coaching job either, just sayin'.

Thank you! I will tell him. He had zero help on this pen. He made about 10 pens this week and all of them are beautiful but this one is unique! His usual coach is his 16-year-old brother who is out of town this week so he is doing some great work without any help. I love seeing the creativity!

leehljp

Member Liaison

Either-way, GREAT JOB.

Thanks! Yes, he designed and turned the blank himself! He didn't even get any advice from anyone, just showed up with the finished pen this morning!

I really like it when a young person gets and creative idea and follows through on it like he did. He should be hooked! Are you prepared to buy him a lathe? Or give yours to him and get you a new one? :biggrin: With pens that good, he could be buying a Nova DVR soon enough.

Knotboard

Correction: My 13-year-old did say that he called his older brother to find out some tips because a previous pen "blew out." Glad he figured it out!

Last edited:

Knotboard

Either-way, GREAT JOB.

I really like it when a young person gets and creative idea and follows through on it like he did. He should be hooked! Are you prepared to buy him a lathe? Or give yours to him and get you a new one? :biggrin: With pens that good, he could be buying a Nova DVR soon enough.

Thanks, Lee! The boys have 2 lathes and already have a great business going! I love seeing their creativity with penmaking! (And it is awesome that they are making their own money for college, too!)

Last edited:

Knotboard

Glorious Pen, Becky.
Great to see the younger ones doing something constructive.
You have every right to be proud as should he.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thank you! I love to watch my boys make pens. It is funny because they teach us rather than the other way around. :)

Turned Around

that's awesome. he did great with the assembly to get things lined u p just right. I like the steep angle of the layered blanks, too. that can be tricky, especially with tru-stone.

very well done.

Top Bottom