Triton Tru-Stone fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

This was my first tru-stone attempt, a Black with Gold Matrix on a Triton fountain pen. Had a little trouble getting it to "shine" using my regular methods. Thanks to Andy (PenMan1) for some helpful advice, here is what I ended up with ...
Comments welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_4077sm.jpg
    IMG_4077sm.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_4082sm.jpg
    IMG_4082sm.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_4098sm.jpg
    IMG_4098sm.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 914
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lenny,

I'd certainly be happy with that shine!!!

You want to be able to tell it's stone, not Polyresin!!

Great looking pen

Lenny

Thanks! I'm happy with the combination and I think the Triton kit is going to be a favorite. I look forward to turning some more tru-stone .... it's a little messy to work with but the results are worth it!

theidlemind

Thanks! I'm happy with the combination and I think the Triton kit is going to be a favorite. I look forward to turning some more tru-stone .... it's a little messy to work with but the results are worth it!

Definitely messy. Like working with a lump of coal. Other colors are easier though.

Lenny

Definitely messy. Like working with a lump of coal. Other colors are easier though.

That is good to know! :)

I looked like I had been finger painting with black paint! :eek:

ctubbs

I think you should just throw it away, say in the mail to me. WOW! It sure knocked my eyes out! A really beautiful combination. Great pen.
Charles

IPD_Mrs

Wow, that looks fantastic Lenny. I'm really glad you posted this as it is a very classy look and shows off both the blank and the Triton just beautifully. Your fit looks top-notch in the photos as well.

Nice Job!

Dave_M

Great description. I turned a piece of blue lapis tru-stone and it wasn't near the mess black matrix turned out to be.

Lenny, great work. You produced a great looking finish on that tru-stone, which I found to be more difficult than it would seem.

Lenny

Thanks everyone! :)

Dave, I think I initially tried to make the finishing part too complicated. When I simplified it, it went better. So after going through my usual routine, wet sanding with 400,600, etc. then the same with MM, followed by 20/20 plastic polish and then buffing .... I didn't have much of a shine.

Andy (PenMan1) told me he doesn't buff tru-stone.

So I started over with the MM and this time used PlastX and stopped there. Will add Novus2 in there before the PlastX next time. :wink:

Top Bottom