Tietze's syndrome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

I have just been diagnosed, after 7 weeks of hell, with Tietzes Syndrome.

Its an inflammation of the sternum where the rib cage joins and feels like a heart attack about 18/24.

Doc reckons it will take 12 weeks to cure but could be chronic.

Anyone else here suffer from this and what was the solution apart from pain management?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Terry ... Maybe IF you quit beating your chest with the completion of each pen while holding your skew with the freshly sharpened edge towards your body ... :eek:

Seriously, I trust the doctor(s) will be able to cure the problem and you will be better in no time at all.

Dave Turner

Sorry about your costochondritis. If the inflammation is mainly localized to one or two of the joints, steroid injection directly into the joint space can reduce the inflammation and pain within about a week. Otherwise, it should resolve on its own over several weeks. I assume you're taking anti-inflammatory pain meds, which should help.

terryf

Terry ... Maybe IF you quit beating your chest with the completion of each pen while holding your skew with the freshly sharpened edge towards your body ... :eek:

Seriously, I trust the doctor(s) will be able to cure the problem and you will be better in no time at all.

Hahahaha - yes indeed!!

Thanks for the kind words guys - its no real train smash and there are plenty people a whole lot worse off than me. Just thought someone here might have experienced it and had a possible solution to speed up the recovery or ease the pain a bit.

Just wish I could get into the shop!!!

Top Bottom