Lathemaster
Member
Thomas Jefferson — A Little History for the Shop
One thing I've always enjoyed about penmaking is the chance to connect a finished project with a little bit of history.
This Thomas Jefferson design is part of that idea.
The artwork features Jefferson with a period-inspired background and is designed as a resin-cast pen blank for makers who enjoy American history, the Founding era, and historically themed pens.
I've been experimenting with bringing more of that historical-storytelling approach into the Penmaker Store, rather than simply showing a blank and saying, "Here it is."
For this version, I wanted the history to be the focus and the pen blank to be the way the story gets carried forward into a finished pen.
The blank is available in the Penmaker Store for anyone interested in taking a look.
SHOP HERE
As always, I'm interested in what other penmakers think of this direction.
I'm considering doing more historically themed designs going into 2027.


One thing I've always enjoyed about penmaking is the chance to connect a finished project with a little bit of history.
This Thomas Jefferson design is part of that idea.
The artwork features Jefferson with a period-inspired background and is designed as a resin-cast pen blank for makers who enjoy American history, the Founding era, and historically themed pens.
I've been experimenting with bringing more of that historical-storytelling approach into the Penmaker Store, rather than simply showing a blank and saying, "Here it is."
For this version, I wanted the history to be the focus and the pen blank to be the way the story gets carried forward into a finished pen.
The blank is available in the Penmaker Store for anyone interested in taking a look.
SHOP HERE
As always, I'm interested in what other penmakers think of this direction.
I'm considering doing more historically themed designs going into 2027.

