the secret to "free" blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobblehead

so while short on cash. I was browsing Facebook and came across a woodworkers page. I offered in exchange for a box of scrap woods of man varieties I would send them a pen I made. Small problem though. the 1st box I received had over 100 blank sized scraps. And 20 other people offered to ship woods of many different kinds. I've got craft fair coming up so i appreciate the wood. but now I have to sort organize and turn all of these pens for these suppliers of mine. And me being me I can't back out on any of them as most of them already shipped. So long story short I'm drowning in blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

so while short on cash. I was browsing Facebook and came across a woodworkers page. I offered in exchange for a box of scrap woods of man varieties I would send them a pen I made. Small problem though. the 1st box I received had over 100 blank sized scraps. And 20 other people offered to ship woods of many different kinds. I've got craft fair coming up so i appreciate the wood. but now I have to sort organize and turn all of these pens for these suppliers of mine. And me being me I can't back out on any of them as most of them already shipped. So long story short I'm drowning in blanks.

Na..., a man can never have too many blanks/too much wood...!:biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

bobblehead

Why not offer boxes to other turners in exchange for a few pens?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
Honestly after I receive all the boxes and make good on my deal of pens for them(because I will lose track otherwise.) I may have to do that.

I've also been considering selling tube in preturned 30 cal bolt action pen inserts and all the buyer has to do is get the kits. save me a bit of time and cash.

JPW062

I am never short of cut-off type blanks. Even somewhat exotic species. Cheapest easiest part of the process for me.

Really stellar blanks or wood with grain that will look good when cut to a .75X.75XL rectangle is more difficult.

Last edited:
Top Bottom