The Pen Turner's Bible: The Art of Creating Custom Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
in the gallery in the back you will see some of our illustrious members featured pens.

76winger

It looks like a good collection of pen making topics. Added it to my Wishlist. I usually try to buy a couple at a time from Amazon so the price will be over $25 and I get free shipping.

Scott

It's a nice looking book. I'm just getting into it, and hopefully will be able to report more after the weekend.

Scott.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I picked it up last sunday at woodcraft. It really is a great book.

Most of what is in it I have seen and/or picked up over the last couple of years here on IAP, but it is a really good portable reminder of some of the best things you can learn here. I think its the best printed pen book I've seen to date by far.

Elvee61

I really wish this were available on Kindle.

Being slightly absent-minded (some people might disagree with the 'slightly' part), I've left paper books behind in waiting rooms, on airplanes and in restaurant booths all over this great nation of ours.

I haven't managed to lose a Kindle book yet, though.

PTsideshow

PSI and some others had what they said were made from the same material bowling balls were made from a number of years ago. Do a google for bowling balls and wiki should have the information of what they are made out of and in the past.
:clown:

wood-of-1kind

I wonder if Richard (scubaman) will offer IAP member's a discount for his book? He's shared many good ideas here and wish that we could hear more from him here.

PTsideshow

He appears to have his hands full with the Yahoo pen group, He did post there, that some that ordered from amazon had gotten the book before he had gotten his copies!
:clown:

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks a lot for the positive comments, folks. A limited number of autographed copies are available from my website (beautifulhandmadepens.com). I didn't post here because I couldn't quite figure out where to post. I've had much direct positive feedback from folks that have bought the book, and I really appreciate it. Putting a book together is a LOT of work, there's really no financial incentive, so hearing that the book is appreciated feels good makes makes it worthwhile.

The publisher wanted to do only a paper copy, no e-book. I am pro e-book but the author has the smallest part in the publication process I fear. I'll take up the subject with them though. My suspicion is with the narrow subject they don't want to spread it too thin.

Re. discount... if you want the lowest price, you need to get it from amazon.com or the likes... but why not. If you order from my website through the end of Feb. and mention IAP I'll take off 10%. This would come as a refund - I am not sure I can set up a discount code on my website - posibly. If I can figure it out next week when I am back home I will post.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks a lot for the positive comments, folks. A limited number of autographed copies are available from my website (beautifulhandmadepens.com). I didn't post here because I couldn't quite figure out where to post. I've had much direct positive feedback from folks that have bought the book, and I really appreciate it. Putting a book together is a LOT of work, there's really no financial incentive, so hearing that the book is appreciated feels good makes makes it worthwhile.

The publisher wanted to do only a paper copy, no e-book. I am pro e-book but the author has the smallest part in the publication process I fear. I'll take up the subject with them though. My suspicion is with the narrow subject they don't want to spread it too thin.

Re. discount... if you want the lowest price, you need to get it from amazon.com or the likes... but why not. If you order from my website through the end of Feb. and mention IAP I'll take off 10%. This would come as a refund - I am not sure I can set up a discount code on my website - posibly. If I can figure it out next week when I am back home I will post.

Richard - Nice to say hello and great book! If you don't mind I'm going to point Andrew (our vendor relations guy) and have him ad this to the BASH vendor discounts! Please stick around - cause we'd love to see and here more from you!

Thanks for the book - like I said above, I've learned a lot of what you wrote here on IAP, but it took years. Your book puts it all in one place very well and I like your twist on how to do things.

Dean

I got my copy signed by Rich!!!It's a gotta have book, especially for the beginner, which basically, we all are!!I think it is a great book with many photos. Rich is very good at step by step instructions and especially good at what he does best, makes Beautiful Handcrafted pens!

thrustmonkey

I had to order it twice from B&N. First time they rejected the order. They called an said it was in, so I went and picked it up. They grabbed the book and shoved it in a bag real quick and brought it to the register. I paid and took it home. Took it out of the bag and read the title,"The Wood Turners Bible".....I'll keep it cause it has some good hints and ideas in it, but I'm going to Amazon to get the Pen Turners. At least there wont be some spaced out kid ordering the book, there'll be some forgetful old coot ordering it.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
I figured out how to apply a discount coupon on my website, you need to enter IAP in the coupon code field during checkout. Learned something new :) If you miss it I'll make a paypal refund

thrustmonkey

Just ordered it from Scubaman's site instead of amazon. Missed the coupon code. I will be waiting for the book with a worm on my tongue (baited breath).

Top Bottom