New hill climb project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Look what followed me home last night! I have been looking for the right sled to do a custom hill climber from and I think I found it last night! It's ugly and needs some TLC but the motor has less than 2K on it and runs like a raped ape as is! My plan is to completely rebiuld it over the next couple of years, I really like the oldschool pre rev chassi ski doos for hill work. 2002 summit X 800. Currently has a 144 inch track.

If there doesn't seem to be much interest in this project I wont bore you guys with more till it's done and I can show off.

Attachments

• 5G35K95F43G73L93N9c2h9a6ec0e3d51e1717.jpg
    5G35K95F43G73L93N9c2h9a6ec0e3d51e1717.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 123
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

On any rebuild its best to make sure you have a good foundation, so a complete look see at the motor is the first step. Then start with the simple stuff: high flow air box, twin pipes, clutch kit, gear down a tooth. Being that it will be a climber it will need new skid and shocks in the rear, switch over to custom rails, billet aluminum big wheel kit and idlers, move those big wheels to the INSIDE of the rails. With a longer track it will need a new tunnel, working with my brother on a billet C&C tunnel....gonna look sick and be half the weight. Once thats done start makin her pretty and put her on a diet! New hood and tub, I'll probably lay them up out of fiber glass myself, loose the head lights and switch to a light weight tank, shed about 30 pounds! Carbon fiber trailing arms. It wont be the same sled when I am done, just the same motor and bulkhead......strike that a bud wants to do a bunch of motor work with me as well.

Its going to take a couple of years at least and I will be ridding it in the winter working on it in the summer.

This is a pen forum, so who knows who would be interested. I never did any type of hill climbing but I sure did loooove snowmobiling. So I would like to fallow your progress.

Well I will put it like this. Here in Southern Michigan, those machines are rarely used. I have a friend that is very upset that he got the latest and greatest a year ago and nowhere to play. As far as the Weather guy out of Grand Rapids, it is official, Michigan is having the warmest winter on record.

ctubbs

Bring it on Rick! The only sledding we get to do here is on liquid snow. All us Southern boys really like anything that goes fast, is loud and will kill whoever is on it. Please do keep us up to date and show any action picts you come up with. Green eyes are aplenty.
Charles

Top Bottom