The Pen Turner's Bible: The Art of Creating Custom Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Bah!!! Missed out on the signed copy, but ordered mine off Amazon this morning...know I'm going to learn at least a few dozen things!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just got my book from Amazon. :biggrin:
I haven't read it all yet, but there are really great photos and I see that there is something for everyone, from novice to pro.

Thanks Rich, I wish you all the very best success for this book. Well done!!

wizard

Just got mine today....it is an awesome book that pretty much covers the entire gamut of pen making for all skill levels..from basic turning to advanced kitless techniques...great illustrations and diagrams..very nice! And we have some modest members among us. I know of at least one rat in the bunch.:wink:

wizard

Well, I read through the entire book between yesterday and earlier this A.M....

When finished the two most important things that I came away with were not what I expected. It was more than the feeling that I was holding a 140 pages of an outstanding tutorial in pen making.

Rather, I was left with the feeling of confidence that mastering rather daunting techniques was possible. Secondly, at least for me, it opened up a wide range of possibilities or ideas for new creations building on the knowledge base in the book.

I hope that makes sense...:rolleyes:

....and no I am not advertising..just stating what I got out of the book.
I would be interested in what others think.

Doc:)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have a copy provided by a source who wishes anonymity which I will be putting in the donation drawing. It's a very nice piece of work by Richard Kleinhenz aka [profile]scubaman[/profile]

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
I just received some more copies. All backorders placed on my website have been filled and are going out in today's mail. And I have more copies available :)

rsulli16

always check half.com frst.
this book is there for about the same, int he 13 to 15 range. but i regularly get near the half price, sometimes way better. never been disappointed withe condition a book arrived in.
best i have done so far is stepen king's "under the dome" i got it for $8 + 4 or so shipping, before it was even on the shelf at B&N. :)

Sulli

ctubbs

I got mine from Amazon last Friday. It has now been read and I give it a top rating. There is much very basic stuff in there, but then it goes on into very detailed info for advanced pen work. Great job, good book for most everyone, posibly with the exception of Skipey, Roy and a few others.
Thank you Rich for taking the time and effort to produce this fine volume. ait will come in handy for some time to come in my shop.
Charles
Mods, If I should have posted this in Cheeres & Jeers, sory. Feel free to move it as needed.

feeneypens

I just got mine yesterday. Best buy I ever made. Answered all the questions I have and even those I didn't know I had. Great book!

feeneypens

feeneypens said:
I just got mine yesterday. Best buy I ever made. Answered all the questions I have and even those I didn't know I had. Great book!

Also made me realize I could use an upgrade of my shop!...but then again, also made me see how I could use what I had in a way I didn't know I could.

alinc100

Got my copy in the mail a couple days ago.What a fantastic book,great pictures and extensive knowledge shared.I really need to sit down and read it slowly and glean as much as I can.

Top Bottom