Supurb Touch Up Product......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAR15

Shopping at Rockler today, came across something and gave it a try. Seems to do a super job. Not really a finish, but, if you prefer (like I do) a friction polish, this stuff is cheap and does a great job of "touching up".
After putting on a thin coat, waiting 30 minutes and buffing with soft cloth, you have a wonderful glowing "patina".
Brand name is "GENERAL FINISHES" OIL & WAX. Claims to be a mixture of oils and polymerized wax (whatever that is).
I used it on some friction polished pens (after finish wore down a bit).
The result is a GLOWING shine that looks like fine furniture!
Cost about 8 bucks a pint.
Time will tell how long this shine will last, but I think at this price, the results are fantastic! Since touching up is easy enough, this may prove to be a great way to touch up those friction polished pens. Personally, I would rather do this periodically than use a finish that "plasticizes" the wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

200651323171_koa2.jpg

It may be sludge, but the sludge does a good job..Sorry my photography is kinda rough...

OSCAR15

Here is a better picture...And I guess time will tell. This stuff aint a finish, but rather a polish for finished wood. I don't expect it to hold up indefinately, but it seems to do a better job than anything I have tried so far......

2006514115920_P1010164.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom