So, on my way to...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crayman

I was on my way to the auto parts store when I heard "that" sound :eek: screeching brakes. I looked in the reartview mirror and there was a Mazda B3000. So after what seems like 20 minutes in slow motion, I felt the impact and was pushed 15 feet just miss the car in front of me. Both of us we ok, pulled to the side and got out to pass papers. Man my tail gate is bent with a hole and the Bumper is bent. I then look at the Mazda, I looked around to see what else he hit, he must have lost 6 inch of length on that truck. The front end is complete destroyed, leaking fuild everywhere. After dealing with the local police, I drive to the store get the trani fluid and head back to work, well they were still there waiting for a tow truck to take away the Mazda

All I know is I love my Ford F-150, and all the heavy steel used to build it. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I still drive my F-150, wouldn't trade it for anything :)

I was on my way to the auto parts store when I heard "that" sound :eek: screeching brakes. I looked in the reartview mirror and there was a Mazda B3000. So after what seems like 20 minutes in slow motion, I felt the impact and was pushed 15 feet just miss the car in front of me. Both of us we ok, pulled to the side and got out to pass papers. Man my tail gate is bent with a hole and the Bumper is bent. I then look at the Mazda, I looked around to see what else he hit, he must have lost 6 inch of length on that truck. The front end is complete destroyed, leaking fuild everywhere. After dealing with the local police, I drive to the store get the trani fluid and head back to work, well they were still there waiting for a tow truck to take away the Mazda

All I know is I love my Ford F-150, and all the heavy steel used to build it. :biggrin:

HSTurning

Having been in my fair share I would wait till the morning to say you are ok. the morning or 2 after are when you know if your ok for sure.
I dont like Fords but I have always said I would drive a Ford truck.

Brooks803

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years back. I had just bought a new truck (GMC Canyon) and was on my way to work and came to a full stop in traffic at a signal and looked in my rear view and nothing, looked again and saw this sedan flyin up my rear and everything seemed to go slow motion (I even had time to say out loud "oh $#!% this is gonna hurt" before he finally put on his brakes) guy hit me so hard he pushed me over 15 feet into the rear end of PORCHE CHYENNE!!! Hurt like hell but no injuries to anyone. Totaled the guys car, all the damage I had was two crumpled bumpers...rear from the guy, front from the porches trailer hitch (why a freakn porche has a trailer hitch I dunno, but glad they had it) luckily the porche had no damage and the driver was cool about it, was actually a guy that lived a few houses down from me. Worse part was it was on an overpass to the main freeway in Las Vegas and it backed up traffic for MILES.

GoodTurns

once upon a time I had a Pontiac Bonneville....got rearended by a geo metro. I literally brushed off my bumper where his hood had scratched it and went on my way...his was totaled back to the windshield.

glad you had a healthy outcome...and yes, bigger is better in a wreck!

A trailer hitch save my MINI, I have a trailer hitch I bought for my MINI that consisted of a piece of angle iron about 2ft long, with two 1 1/4" SQ pieces that slide in to two brackets mounted to the rear sub frame, I stopped at a bottom of a exit ramp and the guy in the Cadillac didn't luckily he wasn't going very fast, and he had an old Cady with a real bumper and bumper guards that hit my trailer hitch square, causing no damage to ether car.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Sandwich

Stopped for a car turning into a driveway I had a young lady in a Ford Explorer Rear end a VW behind me and drive him into the back of my S-10. No damage to speak of the the Explorer, light damage to my rear bumper -- but that poor VW. Front end destroyed, back end destroyed and in between all bent out of shape.

Top Bottom