So I tried a Candlestick Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rjwolfe3

rjwolfe3

Needed a birthday gift for my mom and mother in law. Both in the next couple of weeks. Not sure if I like the job I did. Had a hard time with scratches and the hardware wouldn't match up just right. Sterling silver kit from PSI. Comments? Suggestions for the next ones? (I have 2 more to do and try to fix the very first one I tried. It's a twin to this one that I stripped the screw on.)

tn_1%20Candlestick%2025%20percent.jpg

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Maybe it't the kit, but it seems to be a bit stout. It is especially noticable on the transition to the base. Perhapse if the OD of the spindle gradually decreased from the top bit to the bottom bit it would work better.

I don't think that all the design features have to be within this decreasing radius cone. As long as it presents a feel of sweeping from the larger radius candle fixture to the narrow junction between the wood and the base.

As an alternative, you could have the wood cover that tiny metal fillet and then allow the profile to sweep into the shape of the base.

rjwolfe3

I'm real unhappy with the design of the kit. On my first one, I tried what you suggested but I somehow stripped the screw and am now trying to get it back out. On that one the whole thing was pretty much the same diameter with part of the base in the wood. I think that is what I will do on the next two. Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom