Sketch Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BW Design Works

This was a pencil I made for a great man. He loves to draw and spends a lot of time doing it. I used Black and White Ebony, then put a Celtic Knot in using Ebony.

Thanks for looking. Any comments welcomed.

Attachments

• Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 3.JPG
    Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 3.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 4.JPG
    Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 4.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 6.JPG
    Shetch Pencil Blk & Wht Ebony 6.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 131
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

That is a real beauty! I hope that I can learn how to do a Celtic Knot someday,are they as hard to do as they look?

Great job!

Steve

Sheumais

AWESOME work! I commend you on having the patience to do the inlay! That sort of patience is something I lack. lol

I've been wanting one of those sketch pencils for use in my work shop.

Again, AWESOME work!

sbell111

That is a real beauty! I hope that I can learn how to do a Celtic Knot someday,are they as hard to do as they look?

Great job!

Steve
They can actually be pretty easy. You just need a jig that allows repeatability in your cuts. Then you just match your inlay material to the kerf size. There are one or two tutorials in the library that will walk you through it.

To the topic, that is one fine looking pencil.

Thanks guys! It's actually a great little kit. I like the fact that it has a sharpener built into the cap. Won't get lost that way :biggrin:.

@ Steve:
The knot wasn't to difficult to pull off. Sbell111 is correct that once you have a jig set up it's easy to complete. Just make sure your inlay stips are the same size as your saw kerf. I made these on my table saw because I wanted a thicker knot, but you can use a band or scroll saw.

@Drstrangefart:
Is that Mancow from Chicago?

@Sheumais:
You can pull this off.

Top Bottom