ServicePens 2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
More Free Creekline Components

Through the kindness of a member doing this because it is the right thing to do rather than for personal credit. I have an additional 8 Free packages of 10 kits available for this worthwhile project. Commit to make the pens in this thread and send me a private message with your Name, mailing address and your email address and I will send you the kits at no cost to you.

plantman

Through the kindness of a member doing this because it is the right thing to do rather than for personal credit. I have an additional 8 Free packages of 10 kits available for this worthwhile project. Commit to make the pens in this thread and send me a private message with your Name, mailing address and your email address and I will send you the kits at no cost to you.
:):) Smitty: Send me 3 of these packages (30 pens)
And I will make them up along with the 30 I have already commited to. Jim S

tbird

Gary, I have a few the kids and I made, they're all yours. I will get them in the mail in the next few days.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Free Sets are Gone

The 8 free sets of 10 are gone. Thanks to the donor and thanks to the turners. I still have about 10 sets of 10 available at my cost of $1.65 per kit including shipping. Bushings (usually $5.00 or so) are just $2.50 with these offers.

If you have both Streamline and Euro/Designer bushings you won't need any. These kits use the streamline tip and center bushing and the Euro cap bushing.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Gary: My Intentions! I am comitting to at least ten kits from my own current and future inventory. Some will be kit and some will be kitless. My other two ideas, Constant of Laserlinez states he has an idea to provide 1000 pens. If (and I haven't talked to him yet) his idea is to provide his "*fantastic*" laser cut blanks and stainless steel pen kits to someone who enjoys working with his product, I will offer my time to work what I can of his offerings. Idea number two! I am a law enforcement, "crime scene investigation", instructor and "Public Agency Training Council", the organization which promotes my services, has given me a free hand at marketing my pens at my classes. I am going to place a "jar" out at my classes with a sign requesting donations to be used to buy components to make additional pens for our troops. Whatever I collect from this endeavor will be used to purchase pens from my inventory, or parts which will be turned into pens for our troops. If I should become "covered up", then I'll have to pull the jar until my schedule relaxes and then I'll put it back out. I don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try.

Last edited:

t001xa22

Gary, I just received a large batch of beautiful Corian blanks cut for slimlines, of course. I will throw in for 10 slimlines using this stuff. As I can get more slimline kits, I will invest more of these materials. Thank you for your dedication to this.

GaryMGg

With the posts and messages received so far, we've got 385 pen commitments to date.
Let's see if we can't reach 1,000 by August 31st.
Smitty, thank you again for the support you're providing to help make this happen.

My sincere appreciation to each of you.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It won't be until fall but you can put me down for 20. I have plenty of blanks and more than one or two kits. I am going to put the surgery off for about 6 months or so so I'll have time to do them.

stonyloam

Got my Creeklines, but no instructions, so had to wing it, got it figured out, except for setting the transmission, I went with 1" but am thinking 1 1/16" is about right, so what is the correct depth? Only 19 to go sigh..., like having a job again LOL, but I need the practice, back out to the woodpile:biggrin:.

GaryMGg

Terry,
I typically test my first transmission for each kit using the sneak up on it approach.
Press a little, test the refill, press, test,...
I expect once you have the tranny pressed in exactly the depth you want, you can make a jig to allow you to only press the tranny in so far.
However, the jig will only work if all the lower blanks are the same length.
If you get some longer or shorter than the others, they'll require the sneak up on it approach too.
Have fun.

plantman

to the line

Thanks, that is pretty much what I did. Will make up a little jig for the rest of them.

:confused::confused: Terry: Press the transmisson just short of the line betreen the brass and the silver. Unless you trimmed your tube down to far, this should put you right on or just short. Jim S

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Got my Creeklines, but no instructions, so had to wing it, got it figured out, except for setting the transmission, I went with 1" but am thinking 1 1/16" is about right, so what is the correct depth? Only 19 to go sigh..., like having a job again LOL, but I need the practice, back out to the woodpile:biggrin:.
If you want instructions send me an email and I'll email them to you. lssmith37@comcast.net

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks, that is pretty much what I did. Will make up a little jig for the rest of them.

:confused::confused: Terry: Press the transmisson just short of the line betreen the brass and the silver. Unless you trimmed your tube down to far, this should put you right on or just short. Jim S
Right on .... just a tad short of the line is where it should be.

GaryMGg

Mrs. G received a box of pens from NYWoodturner (Scott) and kept them well hidden.
I found out there's a carton of 6 pens each in an individual, luxurious case with a personalized thank you card to the future recipient.
I'm blown away by the thoughtfulness of those participating in ServicePens.
Thank you again.

SteveJ

My son (11) and I will do 20. Ordered kits from Smitty's today!

After placing my order I reread these posts and realized I didn't have the correct bushings. One call to Smitty and they are included with my order. Customer service is a great thing! Thanks Smitty.

Last edited:

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
I was wondering if you have to put each pen, with the type of wood it uses, in a plastic sack. How are they kept separate from other contributors? I usually just go over to the Veterans Hospital at Pleasanton, CA and hand them out when our Marine Corps Club goes over with Lap Blankets for wheel chairs.

GaryMGg

I was wondering if you have to put each pen, with the type of wood it uses, in a plastic sack. How are they kept separate from other contributors? I usually just go over to the Veterans Hospital at Pleasanton, CA and hand them out when our Marine Corps Club goes over with Lap Blankets for wheel chairs.

I'm hopeful each person will pack the pens they contribute in a protective container of some sort like a box, sleeve or case.
Even using the original outer plastic bag which holds all the smaller kit parts works well.
NYWoodturner (Steve S) put each pen he sent in a solid case.

Last year, I used a number of my velvet pouches to pack those which came wrapped in bundles.

Thank you.

Top Bottom