Schedule for Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Everybody!

I want to set out here the schedule for the contests so we know when they will start and end. We want to get a nice distribution throughout the month. If you have not picked the dates for your contest, please do so, and post them here. If anybody has any comments about the dates we show here, please post those comments! I want to get this right, and we only have a few more days!

Daily Trivia - Every day of the month.

Ugly Pen Contest - Start the 13th, end the 27th, announce the winners on the 31st.

I'm thinking the Pen and Penturner contest and the Best Featured Pen contest would be good at the beginning of the month, starting in the first week of January. The Penmaker's Challenge will be once a week for four weeks. Becca, what days do you want to start and end each challenge on? It would be nice to start the Article contest the end of the first week of January, or sometime in the second week. I think we were going to start the Liar's Club contest the second week of January. If we do the Best Signature contest, it can be at the end of January, because it will be relatively simple to run.

Please let me know your dates! The Bash is right around the corner!

Thanks!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Scott, to add this in here as well. I would like to split the featured pen contest by quarter. Four contests posted on 1-8 / 9-15 / 16-22 / 23-29. We can award weekly, or use the 30th & 31st to tally and award (just because we have the left over) We could also do a "Grand-finale" on the last 2 days and award a nice prize and have a top pen selected out of the four quarters...

Scott, to clear this up, can you give me a call, or better yet, e-mail your number (I have an unlimited phone plan for work)

860-963-2626

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I still like the idea of the signature contest as the last contest..it's simple, and it sounds fun! If we don't have enough prizes, then that's ok too...

I'm thinking the article contest will start January 7th for nominations. Nominations will run from the morning of the 7th, until the evening of Jan. 9th...

The voting will then run for a week, from Jan 9th until the 15th, at noon. I'll tabulate votes and have the winners listed a few days after that.

Any concerns?
Andrew

melogic

This is what we had kinda agreed for The Liars Club Contest:
Contest will begin 12:01am EST on Sunday January 6, 2008
All entries must be submitted by 12:00am EST on Sunday January 20, 2008

wudnhed

Starting at 12:00 noon PST and ending 12:00 noon

Dec 1st thru the 7th

Dec 8th thru the 14th

Dec 15th thru the 21st

Dec 22nd thru the 28th

The last 3 days will be used for judging and announcing winners

DocStram

Another suggestion ... regarding the Daily Trivia Contest. Let's try to agree on a daily target time for posting the daily question and yesterday's winner. I think it helps keep the flow going when everybody knows when to expect the question and when the winner is announced.

I know it can be difficult keeping to a target time ... but I think it would help keep things moving smoothly. Any thoughts?

Scott

OK, we’ve got almost everybody lined up. Here is the schedule I have so far:

Daily Trivia â€" every day.

Featured Pen â€" every week for four weeks, 1-8/9-15/16-22/23-29.

Penmaker’s Challenge â€" every week for four weeks, 1-7/8-14/15-21/22-28.

Liar’s Club â€" Sunday the 6th through Sunday the 20th.

Article Contest â€" Nominations 7-9, Voting 9-15.

Ugly Pen â€" Sunday 13th through Sunday 27th, Announce on the 31st.

Best Signature â€" Nominations 25-27, Voting 28-30, Announce on 31st.

The only one I don’t show here on the schedule is the Pen and Penturner’s Contest. We were thinking that would be good to kick the year off, so holding it early in the month. I’m sure Bob will be checking in here soon whether he can hold his contest at that time or not.

I agree that if possible we should try to start and end the Trivia each day at a consistent time. Somebody make a suggestion, and let’s see if we can all agree!

I like how everybody has set up his or her contests! I think this is going to be a fun-filled month for all of us, and for all of IAP! Right now it looks like Randy, Lee and Becca all need to be ready to go with their first contest right on the 1st!

Scott.

fiferb

On the daily trivia, I thought we agreed to have the question posted not later than noon and end at noon on the next day. Winners posted by 8:00PM.

byounghusband

Hey Scott,
Would you believe my Home PC CRASHED as soon as I posted an email to Jeff asking for an address to be set up to foward to my home email?? [xx(]
I have to set up the contest again, since all the pictures and names are on the home PC. I am using my work PC from home, so I will be able to get it set up again.

If ANYONE needs to get ahold of me, please use bob.younghusband@us.fujitsu.com as the email address. You can always call me at 214-697-0730 as well. That is my cell number.

byounghusband

I have redone the Pen and Penturners contest and will be run it 8:00 am January 2nd to 7:59 am Jaunary 3rd. These times will be Central Standard time.

I will post a note up approx. 1:00 am on January 1st explaining the contest and the pictures and turners will post up on the 2nd.

Jeff/Scott,
Let me know if this works for you...

Thanks!!

Scott

Hi Bob!

That sounds great! Sorry to hear about the home computer! Please don't say anything about it too loud - I don't want mine to hear! [8D]

Scott.

Top Bottom