Final version - Featured Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Well, I just sent this over to Jeff, but take a peen and see how y'all like it.

I spoke with Scott on the phone and discussed breaking the contest into four parts. Seeing as how the pens are archived each quarter it seemed like a nice way to set it up. The plan is to have people vote for thier top favorite and when the votes are counted, the top two winners will be awarded a prize. I split up the contest in even days leaving the last two days of the month open. On the 30th & 31st we shall vote for the "Top Pen of the Year" from the four first place winners. The top dog will win (per Scott) "A nice prize" and major bragging rights ;)

Please review this page hosted on my site and tell what you think and if you see any errors I missed! [:eek:)]
Any really odd screen sizing issues really need to be known, If you can do a screen capture and send me the jpg I would like to see what you do. Contact me if you need help doing this.

www.thomasvillepencrafters.com/iap.htm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Lee ... it looks terrific! Dang!

BTW .... I always get a kick out of that photo you have of your sweet little girl and her dog. Reminds me of when my daughter was little and how she would climb all over our golden. My golden is 15 now and coming to the end of the line.

Firefyter-emt

Thanks Al... Yea, our goldie is right up there with yours. I think she is about 14 herself and really showing her age. That dog has been the best, we have four children who put that dog thru hell.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Lee

I put the page up: http://content.penturners.org/featuredpen/

Are you aware that the background is 2000x1333 pixels and is over 2meg in size? That's waaaay too big for a background image. That's about 10 times the max recommended size for all the images on a page to give good load times, so if you plan to use that on your website, you might want to rethink that. Even high speed links are going to get frustrated. So, can you shrink it at least for our use? :) THANKS!

Firefyter-emt

Dang.. I had not seen that!! Do you want me to rezise it and send it to you, or would you like to resize it on your end?? You already have the photo and need to upload it to the penturner server so it may be easier for you to do it. Thanks, I need to edit my site too!

Jeff... Here is the image, it is 305k which seems to fit best and not tile.

www.thomasvillepencrafters.com/old_paper.jpg

Top Bottom