Red Mallee winged bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Nolan

Well this one sat on the lathe longer than I choose to admit:biggrin: Anyway its done....Measures 15 X 7 X 2 1/2
IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

It's beautiful... Those are some big wings on that piece, and I'll bet it made a nice sound when spinning... Like an airplane prop.

philb

Really nice work!

Good finish too, bet sanding that whilst the lathe was turning was nice! Im guessing you power sanded the wings whilst stationery!!

Must have a go at one of these one day, Ive even got the wood ready! Just pens seem to take over!

PHIL

Dave_M

I remeber it well Nolan. As soon as I saw it, I had an idea how long it had been sitting on your lathe. Really nice work. Someday I gotta branch out and do a few. I think they're stunning pieces of work.

Remeber the one on my lathe when we had the get together at my place???? Thats the one.

Fred

Just Fantastic ...

Nolan ... That is definitely a beautiful piece of work. Congratulations on a job that is exceptionally well done.

I live about a mile from Mark Sillay's home and a bit farther he has a storefront and warehouse that is as full as one can imagine of future burl bowl blanks of amazing species. His wood is from all points of the globe and just exceptional. I just drool every time I go there.

Congratulations again on this one. Ya done good, no, GREAT.

Last edited:

broitblat

Just beautiful... That's more ambitious than anything I've ever tried, and you did a great job however long it took. Who supplied you with that gorgeous piece of wood :)?

-Barry

Top Bottom